Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N20 line lenght question

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N20 line lenght question

Is there a benifit to having the lines from the noids to the plate short vs long (ie: lets say 8" vs 14") I know they should both be the same lenght N20/fuel.
I have noticed alot of the kits come with long lines. Any feedback would be great. Thanx.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

If anything the fuel line to the noid should be shorter than the nitrous line if possible. Although both of mine are the same lenght with Nitro Daves plate system and I have no lean spike on the initial hit.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Banned

I understand what your saying about the fule line, I have heard that if the lines are shorter of if you shorten them up, put the noids closer to the plate there is benifit in that, what that is I would like to know, is it better flow?,harder hit?, better distibution?
Old 12-01-2008, 06:50 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The shorter the lines are from the noid to the plate the quicker/harder it's going to hit. Back before there were electronic delay's and whatnot, guys would use shorter and longer lines to help control the initial hit of the system, say the car was leaving but hitting the tires too hard at the line/standing up too much, they'd put a line on from the noid to the plate that was longer, to create a delay before the engine saw the nitrous.

If you are having a traction problem off the line it is a way that you can tune it, but it's really old school, with all the advances there's really no need to do it that way anymore.

But, I am sure you can find some old school racers that still do it that way
Old 12-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
The shorter the lines are from the noid to the plate the quicker/harder it's going to hit. Back before there were electronic delay's and whatnot, guys would use shorter and longer lines to help control the initial hit of the system, say the car was leaving but hitting the tires too hard at the line/standing up too much, they'd put a line on from the noid to the plate that was longer, to create a delay before the engine saw the nitrous.

If you are having a traction problem off the line it is a way that you can tune it, but it's really old school, with all the advances there's really no need to do it that way anymore.

But, I am sure you can find some old school racers that still do it that way
Old 12-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Banned

Well the reason I am asking is I need to relocate the noids on a cmaro I am working on,Closer to the plate, and instead of having the lines making large loops, I could shorten them up a bit to make it alot cleaner. I just dont want to mess up the way the kit performs, maybe removing 5-6" from each one.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That's gonna make it hit quicker/harder. I did it with my Nos plate, I took 4 inches off both lines, and the thing went from hooking to spinning, put the lines back on that it had with the kit, car went back to leaving right.

It will change it some, more you're hitting it with the more it's gonna change it.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Banned

JL...Thanx for the input, I am going to leave them alone.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first started using bottle in the early 80s I used to put the solenoids in the cowl area of my 68 Camaro to keep them out of sight. The N2O line was probably 2 feet long and it took forever to hit. Another thing to consider is purging vs not purging. My current play car picks up 2/10 purged.