Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does this setup sound?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does this setup sound?

OK so right now I am going back and forth on what to do, FI or stay NO2. I was thinking about maybe just staying NO2 since the car is mostly a street car and doesn't see the track very often. Now I was sitting here penciling some things and came up with this setup. How does this sound to you nitrous gurus?

355 LT1
Splayed 4 bolt mains
Stock Crank
Forged Compstar Rods
Forged Pistons (don't know what to go with yet, but something with a little higher compression)
LE3 Cam
LE2 Heads
Nitro Daves Single Plane Intake set up with plumbed lines
Standalone fuel system
200 shot

I already have the suspension, rear, tranny, and clutch that will handle the power. The car has the LE2 kit with LE ported intake on a stock bottom end now with all supporting mods and 36 lb injectors.

So how does that setup sound to you guys?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Sounds like it would run pretty well.

I loved mine when it was a daily driven nitrous powered LT1

At that time I had GTP stg2 LT1 heads, ported intake, and a 222/228 .544/.538 cam....the car made 566rwhp on a 150 shot and idled tamer than the LT4 Hot Cam. It snuck up on quite a few cars in my area.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

DopdBrd, that is almost the exact set-up I'd like to try. The only difference would be keeping the stock ported LE intake and upping the shot on my Nitro Daves plate kit.
Ray, where was your total timing at with that set-up. I didn't realise my cam and your old cam where some what close to one another. 566rwhp, that's sweet. Was that on the stock shortblock? I'm only at 490rwhp right now.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
Ray, where was your total timing at with that set-up. I didn't realise my cam and your old cam where some what close to one another. 566rwhp, that's sweet. Was that on the stock shortblock? I'm only at 490rwhp right now.
That was the 396 that I am still running....it made 422/447 NA...back then it was a T56, 10bolt, and 4.10 gears. Sorry but I don't remember what my timing was back then...that was 03-04
Old 12-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

a Direct port dry system and some injectors would prolly be cheaper and more efficient. especially in a traction limited car as theres no lean spike before engagement, that is unless your delaying the n20 solenoid
Old 12-03-2008, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
DopdBrd, that is almost the exact set-up I'd like to try. The only difference would be keeping the stock ported LE intake and upping the shot on my Nitro Daves plate kit.
See I don't know whether to keep the stock intake and try the Nitro Dave's plate kit or get the single plane with their Elbow and do the shot that way. I would like to have it where I could upgrade to a bigger shot in the future if I wanted to without having distribution problems.

I was thinking about just going with a 383 instead but that would be about another grand in just rotating assembly. And I have heard that the stock crank will take a lot of abuse. As stated before, the car is a mostly street driven car and I would like it to stay that way.

Right now it makes right over 400 RWHP (403 to be exact). So I figure with the upped compression, bigger cam and perhaps a better flowing intake (single plane) it could make in the area of 425. Then with the 200 shot I would hopefully be seeing over 600.

Ray, what do you recommend? Your guys' plate kit or the single plane with the elbow?
Old 12-03-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Spray it

I prefer the big power over the entire curve that nitrous offers
Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had more fun with my old 94 and a similiar set up compared to any of the more extreme cars I have had..

Nothing like a fun driver with some juice..
Dave
Old 12-03-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Strahley
Spray it

I prefer the big power over the entire curve that nitrous offers
Strahley, you ever bring your car out? I never see it around town! LOL
Old 12-04-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
Strahley, you ever bring your car out? I never see it around town! LOL
I was nearly daily driving it this year, but it's too cold now. It's in the garage on jacks now
Old 12-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

For a 355...I would stay with the stock style intake unless you are trying to run very high RPM with it....the single plane will lose low end power but will increase the motors ability to make/hold power at high RPM.

I don't remeber whose this was...but here is a comparison between the 2

Old 12-09-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks Ray, I called last week and talked to a guy there since you were gone, and he said the single plane would be better if I ever wanted to spray a bigger shot. I think I am leaning more towards a 383 now, but it just really depends on how funds look after the 1st.

Would your plate kit be able to handle a 200 shot or larger (300) without distribution problems?
Old 12-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
Thanks Ray, I called last week and talked to a guy there since you were gone, and he said the single plane would be better if I ever wanted to spray a bigger shot. I think I am leaning more towards a 383 now, but it just really depends on how funds look after the 1st.

Would your plate kit be able to handle a 200 shot or larger (300) without distribution problems?
From a strictly nitrous view...yes the single plane would be better.

The right intake for you will depend on the use of the car. If it is a street car that sometimes goes to the track, you will need to think long and hard on whether you are willing to give up a little low end power for more top end. If it is a track car that sometimes gets driven on the street it is a no brainer.

Our plate will physically flow well over 200hp, but on the LTx style intake it would be better to go to a direct port if you want to run more than 200.

If you go with a 383 over the 355 that changes things quite a bit...the larger discplacement will like the extra airflow capability of the single plane.

I will be in the office all of this week...feel free to give me a call if you want to talk about it.

Last edited by Ray@Nitrous Outlet; 12-10-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

And that's why Nitrous Outlet Kicks ***!!!!! I'll be in touch Ray.