Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need controller advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need controller advice!!

I'm planning a dry kit setup on my otherwise stock ride. I been doing some research and know I need a rpm switch for the M6. I also think I need a timing controller to retard timing when spraying??? Also, is a fuel pressure switch manditory? Does one device exist that does it all?? I want a safe set up but am looking to buy as few of devices as possible.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Brian Coles
I'm planning a dry kit setup on my otherwise stock ride. I been doing some research and know I need a rpm switch for the M6. I also think I need a timing controller to retard timing when spraying??? Also, is a fuel pressure switch manditory? Does one device exist that does it all?? I want a safe set up but am looking to buy as few of devices as possible.
Our two controllers, the interface and the MicroEdge can take care of all your needs and then some. It will also enable you run your dry shot as a post-MAF.
here are links to both of them.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured
Old 12-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Launching!

Default Thanks for the info!!

What is the advantage of running a dry shot post maf??
Old 12-02-2008, 06:10 PM
FormerVendor

What is the advantage of running a dry shot post maf??
You wont have to worry about nozzle position in respect to the MAF. Rather then dialing in your A/F by adjusting of the nozzle position you simply change the dip switches on the interface. Location for nozzle placement will be up to you.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Default More???'s

So a A/F gauge is key to the nitrous tune?? Does a A/F shut down switch make it safe to spray with out A/F gauge??

Last edited by Brian Coles; 12-02-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Was looking as the HSW web site and saw the LS1 Timming Tuner and N02 Control. Does this device do both timming and RPM switch or am I reading it wrong?
Old 12-02-2008, 06:52 PM
FormerVendor

So a A/F gauge is key to the nitrous tune?? Does a A/F shut down switch make it safe to spray with out A/F gauge??
You dont need an A/F guage, but yes dialing in your A/F is very important. On the spray you want to be around 11.7 to 12.2. The A/F shutdown switch is a very important saftey feature. Even if you had a guage it might be too late.

Was looking as the HSW web site and saw the LS1 Timming Tuner and N02 Control. Does this device do both timming and RPM switch or am I reading it wrong?
The timing tuner functions as a timing puller and single stage window switch.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 AM
FormerVendor

Yes, the only thing is you won't be able to see the timing being pulled. If you combine the Interface and MicroEDGE you're only a little bit more price wise, but you'll gain quite a few benefits over the timing tuner. Please let Mike or I know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Nick
Old 12-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Default Thanks

Thanks for the advice
Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Yes, the only thing is you won't be able to see the timing being pulled. If you combine the Interface and MicroEDGE you're only a little bit more price wise, but you'll gain quite a few benefits over the timing tuner. Please let Mike or I know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Nick
Old 12-08-2008, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

What about the SD guys that dont have the MAF to pug into. What would our options be to pull timing?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:49 PM
FormerVendor

Technically you could still use the Interface to pull your timing if speed density. You would however be required to cut the maf harness to power the unit. Your other options are obviously tune, or timing tuner. Thanks.

Nick
Old 12-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Talking About to buy my kit!!!

Wanted to know if I have 3 wire or 5 wire MAF harness. Cars at home in the garage or I would look. Thanks
Old 12-16-2008, 11:05 AM
FormerVendor

Wanted to know if I have 3 wire or 5 wire MAF harness. Cars at home in the garage or I would look. Thanks
What is your car? LS1 F-body = 3 wire maf.

Nick
Old 12-16-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

you dont need a window switch. i ran my NOS 5177 kit(100 dry), with the included manual WOT switch, and FPSS for 4 years with no problems, droped 1 second off my ET. worked awesome and nothing to buy or fool with.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Do I have to run colder plugs for a 100 shot? Was planning on getting the HSW Interface to retard timing.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

yeah probly i ran NGK TR6s with mine. (one step colder than stock)
again with the 5177 kit the interface is not needed. and even better the kit comes with a 15lb bottle instead of the industry standard 10lb
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=706

for some reason the nitrous outlet site above is reading a 10 lb bottle, but it actually comes with a 15 (as pictured)

heres another link
25-05177 NOS "Dry" Nitrous System, 1998-2002 LS1 F-body
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=161
Old 12-16-2008, 02:47 PM
FormerVendor

If you are interested we are running a great christmas sale right now. everyday has a different door buster item that could be up to 40% off.

This is the dry kit you will want to purchase

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=365&page=1

Currently at $299!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a little experiance with the dry hits, and i would reccomend the Interface for what ever dry kit you use. none of the other kits on the market offer any way to adjust the a/f ratio. i ran 4 NOS 5177 dry kits personal and helped set up to many to count and it's a crap shoot whether or not youwill have a good a/f ratio, most have a tendancy to run lean and the a/f will be up and down and unstable through out the run Now a 5177 modded a tad bit and running the Interface would work great. myself being a die hard dry fan truly believe the best over all dry kit on the market is the Sudden Imact plate kit as it comes with everything you need to tune it properly, no other kit offers the safety of this kit. I run the Interface and MicroEdge on my triple stage dry set-up and have tried every type of fueling and timing pull out there except the EFI Cos 5, though the Interface due to it's ability to progress a dry shot has an edge over it, IMO. the perfect kit for the LSx, a dry kit, the correct controlers and NANO it just doesn't get any better. Good luck, and if you run into any dry tuning problems give me a holla. You state a FPSS, not needed with the MicrEdge and the lean shut down feature, though you certainly could still run one if you like.
Robert
Old 12-16-2008, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

i have the hsw dry plate kit with the interface and microedge. after geting it all set up and dialed in, its great!