Sponsored by:

Nitrous Electronics

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous Electronics

Good evening everyone.

I am looking to start a thread dedicated to nitrous electronics. I am trying to decide what window switch, tps, progressive, computer, controller, gizmos to go with and I would like to hear what everyone is using. It doesnt matter if you are running a dry kit, wet kit, single stage, plate, fogger, etc. Post up your combo and let us all know what you are using and what you like/dislike about the product.

I have the following:

AES Iron 408
l92 ported heads
GMPP intake
Holley TB
NOS cross plate
4l60E
nitrous electronics (still undecided)

Lets hear whatcha think!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have used many different controllers through out my time. Use to be the NX maximizer was the best controller on the market. Now I would say that the NOS Launcher is the best thing on the market..

There are so many different options and prices that range all over the place that it is hard to say what best fits your budget or needs.

For a less expensive line with less features I would suggest the FJO mini or the NOS Mini.

Check out all the features on the different conmtrollers we have in this link and let me know any questions you may have.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...del=84&dept=11
Old 12-03-2008, 10:52 PM
10 Second Club

I've got the NOS mini and so far it's working great. I initially purchased it for it's progressive feature but so far it doesn't look like I needed it. If I had it to do all over again I think I would go with the HSW Micro Edge controller because of all the features of it. I thought about the FJO before the NOS mini but I din't want to have to drag my laptop out everytime I want to change something.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:57 PM
FormerVendor

Ray uses the NOS mini and loves it. You can not beat the build quality. I have yet to have one come back on us.
Dave
Old 12-03-2008, 11:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Ray uses the NOS mini and loves it. You can not beat the build quality. I have yet to have one come back on us.
Dave
x2 It's worked great for me so far and still has a lot of features. I just don't think I need the progressive part of it. I do like being able to adjust it in car rather than under the hood.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:25 PM
FormerVendor

Yes that is pretty cool. The Brand X window switch uses a real similiar had controller. It is just missing the progressive feature and only controlls one stage.

You never know maybe you will want the progressive feature in the future as you advance.
Dave
Old 12-03-2008, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Yes that is pretty cool. The Brand X window switch uses a real similiar had controller. It is just missing the progressive feature and only controlls one stage.

You never know maybe you will want the progressive feature in the future as you advance.
Dave
I think I may need it if I step up to the 200 shot. I know I can dead hook a 100 shot so far so I will see what a 150 does next and then go to a 200 shot.

I do have a question about the progressive while we're talking about it. If you set a 200 shot to start out at 50% and then up to the 200 whenever I decide to, will it be about a true 100 shot to start? I'm not sure how accurate the precentages are. Have you guys ever done a dyno pull with a progressive and seen that it actually makes the power that you have it set for?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:49 PM
FormerVendor

The progressive is a traction controll device. You have to be careful not to confuse it as a horsepower limiting device.

If you try to take and only ramp it at 50 percent and hold it the airfuel will be all over the place.

Dave
Old 12-04-2008, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

The progressive is a traction controll device. You have to be careful not to confuse it as a horsepower limiting device.

If you try to take and only ramp it at 50 percent and hold it the airfuel will be all over the place.

Dave
I guess what I'm after is to get a hit off of the line similar to the 100 shot I've got now or whatever the most is that I can stick. So I'm not really looking for a 100 shot just something close.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:09 AM
FormerVendor

What is the final amountg of power you are wanting to add?
Old 12-04-2008, 08:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by myfast70
I think I may need it if I step up to the 200 shot. I know I can dead hook a 100 shot so far so I will see what a 150 does next and then go to a 200 shot.

I do have a question about the progressive while we're talking about it. If you set a 200 shot to start out at 50% and then up to the 200 whenever I decide to, will it be about a true 100 shot to start? I'm not sure how accurate the precentages are. Have you guys ever done a dyno pull with a progressive and seen that it actually makes the power that you have it set for?
No it really doesn't come out that way on the dyno. I have a graph around here somewhere from about 5 years ago when we did Matt's old T/A. The graph is literally up and down due to the pusling. I think doing two stages is a better way of setting up a system as of this moment. I'll see if I can't forward you his old graph somehow.

Nick
Old 12-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Launching!

What does everyone think about the NOS launcher without the touch screen display? I dont really want to spend $700 plus when I can get the "guts" for $400. I dont mind hooking up my laptop to make changes. Does the Launcher have provisions for a lean/rich shut down feature? I am running the innovative LC1 and would like to incorporate that into the system.

Also...Progressive...what is everyones experience. Is it necessary?