Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to nos need help hooking up wires ASAP please !

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to nos need help hooking up wires ASAP please !

Ok my kit is a wet kit. On my fuel there is 2 wires, on my nitrous there is 2 wires and on my purge there is 2 wires. And i have a relay that has a orange, green, blue, and red. Can somone tell me how to wire these up ? So far from looking it up I see 2 different ways and I am confused so far I have it as 1 fuel and 1 nos wire are grounded, and 1 purge is grounded. And then i have 1 fuel and 1 nos going to the blue, and then the green goes to the micro switch on the bottom then the top goes to the on off switch now where does the red go ? Can someone please make me a diagram thanks a bunch !
Old 12-07-2008, 08:11 AM
9 Second Club

Here https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...ed-wiring.html look through this and you should find what you need. Some of the diagrams has been removed though.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Launching!

i have looked through that whole thing and couldn't find what i have.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

on the relay:

post 86 goes to your arming switch,
post 87 goes to the n20 noid and fuel noid then the other wire on the noids go to a good grounds
posy 30 goes to the battery with an inline fuse
post 85 goes to to WOT switch then the other post on the WOT sw goes to a ground

That should work try it out and let us know, to test it, with out a bottle hooked up, and the arm switch off click the WOT switch and make sure the n20 noid and fuel noid are not clicking, then turn the arm switch on and click the WOT switch and see if the noids click, again with n20 not hooked up

on the purge, one wire goes to a 12v source and one goes to a ground, and you put a momentary push button breaking the connection of one of the wires
Old 12-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Launching!

i got it all hooked up i belive i put the red one with is 85 to a ground, and 86 to the WOT switch then on the other side of the WOT i put a wire that goes to the ACC on my arming switch so i can turn the switch on and one i am at WOT it starts to spray or i can wait to get above 3000 rpm then hit the switch and it starts to spray automatically.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

yea that will work as well, you are just using 2 switches to complete the connection to your switched 12v, the WOT and the ARM sw. This is just fine, and i sometimes do exactally what you are saying with using the arm switch to turn the system on at partial run, and then as soon as you get off the throttle the system comes off again. Have you checked it the way i listed above. One more thing to check, with the engine off, no bottle, arm sw on, push the pedal to the floor and listen for the noid to click to make sure you have WOT sw in the right place. Let us know if you need any more help, do you have any safety devices in place? window switch, fpss, etc? Check out the HSW microedge if you still need some safety devices, that is an excelent device that has a ton of great features and is in a great price range
Old 12-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Launching!

yep the micro switch is in the correct spot the silnoids click at WOT when this switch is on so all of that is done. Next problem is I cant get the damn valve out of the evap service port, like the schrader valve won't come out on the fuel rail i have tried 2 valve steme removers broke both of them off and it still won't come i am so mad I have it all hooked up but can't try it because I don't have my fuel hooked up ! How can i get this damn valve out .
Old 12-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Launching!

and no, i don't have any safety devices i just kinda figured i would manually turn it on at 3000 rpm and just leave it on after that i suppose not really interested in any other switches but good ideas though. Just need to figure out how to get that valve out ! !