Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Nitrous Purge Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Nitrous Purge Question

i am currently running a 10lb nx bottle, for my purge setup i have a -4 braided line going to a -4 stainless line with dual outlets. basically its huge, like maybe a dual stream towering at least 15 feet high. needless to say it looks bad *** but the down side is, i have already drained a 10lbs bottle with minimal purging or what i think is minimal, my question is does the bottle really drain down that quick, i have searched and i have 0 leaks, bottle closed or open, im just wondering if i have to be really stingy with this ****. the price isnt an issue but if i pull up to the line and purge and lose 100 psi of bottle pressure im basically pissing in the wind.

thoughts comments suggestions?
Old 01-01-2009, 09:09 AM
10 Second Club

Thats sounds pretty big. I use 1/8 brass tube but im just trying to do what it supposed to do and get all the air out of the line. I get a nice size stream. All the parts you would need can be picked up at most auto parts stores. Some 1/8 tuping and the maching fittings you would need to run it how you want. Good luck!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:38 PM
11 Second Club

Dash 4 is the delivery line size. 1/8th inch is the purge line size. If you have a sponsor or Big Bucks, you can show off the huge plume, but us little guys do a couple of short bursts to get the air out. The 1/8th inch line still has a nice plume without losing too much NX. I am using the NANO setup. The purge also sets the bottle pressure, (to what you desire), to make a consistant run down the track. Good Luck, Happy New Year.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by 382ssz28
Dash 4 is the delivery line size. 1/8th inch is the purge line size. If you have a sponsor or Big Bucks, you can show off the huge plume, but us little guys do a couple of short bursts to get the air out. The 1/8th inch line still has a nice plume without losing too much NX. I am using the NANO setup. The purge also sets the bottle pressure, (to what you desire), to make a consistant run down the track. Good Luck, Happy New Year.
lol... -6 is my delivery line to the bottle to the .093 noid, then from the purge noid to the to stainless line its -4 then -4 stainless line to two outlets. lol, its a huge purge but now its not for looks as its just wastefull. i mean a full bottle with minimal purging, it is my first system so i am a little show offish with it but still.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:47 AM
FormerVendor

yea, it will go quickly if you keep hitting the button. I don't know if its an option but you could try and use two dry nozzles with a jet in them to minimize some of the loss. We have a straight shot dry nozzle or a 70* exit nozzle if either would help?

Or if you're addicted to the purge, maybe just run co2 in another bottle and use that as a "show" type purge.

Nick
Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Or if you're addicted to the purge, maybe just run co2 in another bottle and use that as a "show" type purge.
Nick
x2

you could even run 2 CO2 purge solenoids, one for the show purge... and one to flood the enginecompartment as an onboard fire extinguisher system.. that way it wont be totally gay!

Quick Reply: Big Nitrous Purge Question