Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help with wiring!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with wiring!

I just want to be positive on my wiring. I have read for hours on wiring but just want to make sure for my car. 02 SS just wanting to know on the relay what color wires go were and same on fuel and nitrous noids and also the WOT switch and the toggle switch thanks for all the help guys im bout done installing..
Old 01-04-2009, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

well I know alot of people like to run relays and what not but i have mine hooked a little diff. I have a main power wire running to my arm switch with the accesory wire running to WOT switchand then the accessory wire from wot switch running to solenoids, with the solenoids grounded out!!!! So when the kit is armed with switch, it throws constant 12v to WOT switch, and when it is a wot it throws power to solenoids....

Alot of people dont like the idea of the kit being hooked up like this but I have never ran into a problem with it! As far as the relay goes im lost with them, the only relay i run on my nitrous kit is with my bottle heater!
Old 01-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

On the relay pin 85 should be your +12v that come from the switch and 86 will go to ground Then 87 will go to batt+12v and then 30 will go to whatever you are wanting to power (seloniod).
Old 01-04-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

What kit are you running??? Between all the different one's out there on the market, the relay's are pretty similar. Knowing what brand you have though will help us limit it down.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

color is nothing go with 00 stang killer
Old 01-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Launching!

i went with OO stang killer and hooked everything up
Old 01-06-2009, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

and have you tried it yet
Old 01-06-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please do not run your systems with out relays. Just because the car hasn't burnt to the ground doesn't make it right. That is not good advice to give at all. Very, very dangerous to run with out relays. If anyone has ever listened to anything I have said, please listen to this. Someone could get hurt very badly wiring up the system incorrectly. Safety first.

yea, everyone uses different colors, so it's hard to say that this is absolutely this or that. just use the pin lay out that is in all the wiring diagrams and choose your own color code.
Robert
Old 01-06-2009, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Robert56
Please do not run your systems with out relays. Just because the car hasn't burnt to the ground doesn't make it right. That is not good advice to give at all. Very, very dangerous to run with out relays. If anyone has ever listened to anything I have said, please listen to this. Someone could get hurt very badly wiring up the system incorrectly. Safety first.

yea, everyone uses different colors, so it's hard to say that this is absolutely this or that. just use the pin lay out that is in all the wiring diagrams and choose your own color code.
Robert
Good advice. Another thing I would like to add is use the inline fuses that we provide in our kits as well as properly gauged wire. If done properly, it will last you a lifetime.

Nick
Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by domestic disturbance
well I know alot of people like to run relays and what not but i have mine hooked a little diff. I have a main power wire running to my arm switch with the accesory wire running to WOT switchand then the accessory wire from wot switch running to solenoids, with the solenoids grounded out!!!! So when the kit is armed with switch, it throws constant 12v to WOT switch, and when it is a wot it throws power to solenoids....

Alot of people dont like the idea of the kit being hooked up like this but I have never ran into a problem with it! As far as the relay goes im lost with them, the only relay i run on my nitrous kit is with my bottle heater!
What an idiot! Don't ever wire your system the way this guys does.

Most WOT switches are only designed for only 20-25 amps at most and just about any arming switch that is included with most kits are only good up to 3-5amps at most. If you've got larger solenoids they will pull up to 30+ amps which is beyond the rating of WOT & arming switches.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Its all wired up and everything is working good so im ready spray but i want to get the HSW microedge to be on the safe side.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00_STANG_KILLER
On the relay pin 85 should be your +12v that come from the switch and 86 will go to ground Then 87 will go to batt+12v and then 30 will go to whatever you are wanting to power (seloniod).
hey buddy, you actually got 87 and 30 mixed up...

30 is the 12V+ source from the battery
87 is the 12V+ out of the relay to device