Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Newbie Asking Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Newbie Asking Questions.

I have been reading a lot about nitrous and I am pretty sure of the things I need/want. I just have a few newbie questions.
I am looking at the NOS kit 05177. The thing I am stuck on are the other parts I need to make this as safe and efficient as best I cant.I looked on the NOS website and honestly Im not sure what to look for.
I am assuming the bottle heaters are pretty universal just depends on if I want it automatic or a plug in.
What purge kit goes with the 05177 kit? And where can I find the window switch?
Are there any other things that I should be looking for that dont come with the kit?

Thanks.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Truck Sponsor

Depending on the install you are looking for. Window switch is a good 1st choice with any nitrous kit saftey. the next is a heater, Remote bottle opener, lean cut switch, switch panels and solenoild mounting brackets.
It really depends on how much coin you want to spend. Window is my first item to add to any kit.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Purge kits are pretty much universal, Most of the time the only difference is the kind of tubing that they include with them (witch I never use anyway)

The 5177 is a great kit to start out with. Like Tick said, a window switch is a good idea to get. It will prolong the life of your tranny and keep you from getting too excited and either spraying too soon or at too high of an RPM. If you are running your stock injectors I would keep an eye on the A/F, I believe most of the vendors on here sell some sort of A/F gauge or kill switch.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Def get a window switch and a wide open switch, bottle heater would be nice to esp when you hit the button the second time and you need to get your bottle pressure up i would probly run a bottle opener after you get the kit on and make sure everything else is working properly

O ya def install a blow down tube i jsut saw pics where the bottle blew up in the car and its def worth the money

Last edited by CRAGER; 01-13-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: dbl posting
Old 01-08-2009, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

window switch (something like the HSW microedge that has lots of built in safety features), and a blowdown tube, (again HSW has the best price i could find for the tube and adapter combo) the tube will be required at most if not every track. Also i got a bottle opener and used it on one of my cars but decided that since i only really spray at the track i decided to save the money for go fast parts instead of convience parts
Old 01-09-2009, 07:31 AM
FormerVendor

Shoot me a PM with a budget you're working with and I can help point you in the right direction. Thanks

Nick
Old 01-09-2009, 10:45 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks guys. As of right now I cant spend a lot of money so this does point me in the right direction. Thanks for all the help. I also found this edelbrock part number 70200. It looks extremely similar to the 05177 kit. Anybody know about this one?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

Well I feel dumb now I just got off of the HSW website and just going there helped. That being said what are your opions on HSW kits? The prices look REALLY nice am I missing something?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:55 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Chris Mack
Well I feel dumb now I just got off of the HSW website and just going there helped. That being said what are your opions on HSW kits? The prices look REALLY nice am I missing something?
Glad the website helped. Have you ever seen those burger king commercials where the king was reverse pickpocketing people...well think of us as putting money back in your pocket.

Nick
Old 01-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Nick when using your microedge do you need a wideband for the lean,rich shutdown to work properly?