Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

100% Stock Ls1 .. 100 shot ?

Old 01-12-2009, 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roberts write up and all made me also go Dry..

I like dry alot better then wet... Less stuff to blow up on a dry hit, compared to wet..

but my car is a 02z28 stock everything except gears..
spray 150 dry hit no problem...
Old 01-12-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 105
So you're ok with the stock injectors? I know you have the bigger of the stock injectors like my 01. I'm guessing you had that tuned. What was the duty cycle and what plugs are you using.
98s had the big injectors...

and you should be fine with those injectors...

me and my buddies all run full H/C cars and spray on average 150 shots...
of course our injectors are on the limit.. but it can be done and done safely..
Old 01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 105
So you're ok with the stock injectors? I know you have the bigger of the stock injectors like my 01. I'm guessing you had that tuned. What was the duty cycle and what plugs are you using.
yes I tuned with HPTuners...
as for the duty cycle.. I believe they were 60....

But I have had no problems spraying the 150 shot... I am not running out of anything... air/fuel is good.. injector duty cycle is good.. But I am going to be getting new ones....
and as for plugs I run TR6'ers.. 93 octane so long as its a certain place that I know their gas is good..
If I am far from the house.. and end up at track I will run with the 108
Old 01-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 87Lt1Monte
My buddy has a stock ls1 and was talking about using just a 100 shot for a little kick ........ Im planning on running a dry halo kit from nitrous dave.
Whoa....You're Going To Be Spraying Your Friends Car?

You guys must be Pretty Tight.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIredws6
Whoa....You're Going To Be Spraying Your Friends Car?

You guys must be Pretty Tight.
thats the first thing i was wondering. if its his car, why are you "getting" anything? or is this a case of, "my friend has this issue. not ME, but my friend...", lol?
Old 01-15-2009, 03:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

I went to 480rwhp over all on stock fuel pump and 28lb injectors all the way to 250rwhp shot on 100% stock long block and about 300 1/4 passes. the 285rwhp shot finally bent a rod and busted a ring land, lol. Oh, and it was all dry passes and before the MAF.

However, the best way to do dry today is to go after the MAF and run the Interface for fueling and timing pull needs. Now with that said, if your set on the HALO, then you still need a way to fine tune fueling and the Interface will work in that regard also for the before the MAF dry hits.

The dry plate and Interface is the best way these days and I have tried them all. Currently have 3-stages dry and 1st is a Direct Port and 2nd and 3rd are the plate and all running the stock PCM. I will post my new set-up when I get a chance.

Good luck to you, and you made the correct choice, IMO, on going dry. Later you can always upgrade to larger injectors when your ready for bigger hits, and that time will come, lol.
Robert
Old 01-16-2009, 12:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally I prefer a wet system but everyone has there own way of doing things.
If I were going dry yes the Halo system is exactly what I would use. Its cost affective and you can not get a better discharge than the Halo ring provides. Normally the airfuel will be pretty close to being dead on.

Now take into full concideration of all things when figuring out what way to go. If all you have is the cost of the Halo system well thats not bad. But not using the Halo and going dry you have the cost of this piggy back controller upgrading injectors and tuning. Now you have a limited system there is not much room to grow with..

I would personally run one of our single nozzle or plate wet systems. Easier to tune. Makes great power and just as safe as any other system tuned properly.
Dave
Old 01-16-2009, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

I was patiently waiting for you my friend. Glad to see you made the party.

Nick

Originally Posted by Robert56
I went to 480rwhp over all on stock fuel pump and 28lb injectors all the way to 250rwhp shot on 100% stock long block and about 300 1/4 passes. the 285rwhp shot finally bent a rod and busted a ring land, lol. Oh, and it was all dry passes and before the MAF.

However, the best way to do dry today is to go after the MAF and run the Interface for fueling and timing pull needs. Now with that said, if your set on the HALO, then you still need a way to fine tune fueling and the Interface will work in that regard also for the before the MAF dry hits.

The dry plate and Interface is the best way these days and I have tried them all. Currently have 3-stages dry and 1st is a Direct Port and 2nd and 3rd are the plate and all running the stock PCM. I will post my new set-up when I get a chance.

Good luck to you, and you made the correct choice, IMO, on going dry. Later you can always upgrade to larger injectors when your ready for bigger hits, and that time will come, lol.
Robert
Old 01-16-2009, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nevrlift13
100 wet shot will be perfect.

Stock everything.

My lid/muffler and stock everything else car put down 478whp on nitrous.
I posted this under my friends name guys so don't start getting all crazy.

Here is my dyno thread. https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ons-spray.html

Also, neverlift13 has a full bolt on and torquer v.2 cammed car with spray. Takes a little bit of building
Old 01-16-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by quickblade
Roberts write up and all made me also go Dry..

I like dry alot better then wet... Less stuff to blow up on a dry hit, compared to wet..

but my car is a 02z28 stock everything except gears..
spray 150 dry hit no problem...
Where can I find said thread?
-Matt
Old 01-16-2009, 06:46 PM
11 Second Club

I ran my first bottle through my HSW wet plate on Sunday, I only have lid and catback, changed the plugs to TR6s and started with the 100 shot. Made all of about two passes with that before I threw the 150 at it, the car took it like a champ and gave me a new found love for my car. cant wait to go get it refilled now
Old 01-21-2009, 03:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Actually the Sudden Impact Dry Plate kits have the Interface included. The Interface by itself is no more $$ than a timing tuner, and you get fuel control for dry and wet thrown in, so it's a good investment for the long haul, IMO, for when we change style of kits and we do often, lol. As far as being limited, I don't see it in any way shape or fashion. we can run up to 80lb injectors with the stock PCM. anyway, the HALO is not limited either with the Interface and injectors to meet your overall goals. A tuners best friend, the dry hit and the Interface, IMO. All of the limits of the dry from past times have been addressed. Even the NOS 5177 the kit that started the dry craze on the LSx platform has become a wonderful kit with the Interface. it's nice for the guys that want stealth because we can know leave the nozzles in the stock air box as per NOS (C5 and F-bods) and tune the leanish a/f ratio with the Interface, and pull timing all in one. two tunes in one, where neither effects the other. Long live the dry hit, lol.
Robert

Search this Thread