Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

microedge wiring 94 PCM, which wires??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default microedge wiring 94 PCM, which wires??

Sorry couldn't edit the title on the other thread.

I need to know which bundle of wires i should be looking at on my PCM for the white wire for the RPM (pin 13) and the Dark Blue wire for the TPS (pin 22), i see 4 large bundles labled, red black blue and gray. There is a ton of wires here and i dont want to tap into the wrong one, i dont see any pin number markings on the pcm at all
Old 01-15-2009, 11:22 PM
12 Second Club

NVM found the numbers, good thing i have 20/10 vision, for future refrence if you look at where the wires go into the plugs below the wires are very tiny numbers
Old 01-16-2009, 01:52 AM
12 Second Club

okay so i hooked the blue wire (trigger wire) into the pin 22 on the PCM, i have triple checked that i tied into the pin #22 and that it is dark blue, and i have triple checked that the instructions say the microedge blue wire is the correct one, but something is definatly wrong, with the car turned to accessory pin 22 is putting out 2.43v and when i move the throttle the voltage doesnt move, i have used datamaster to check that my tps sensor is working correctly .43v at 0% TPS and 4.7v at 100% TPS so i think it is obvious that is cant be pin 22, any other ideas on which pin the tps voltage is on a 94 z28 pcm?
Old 01-16-2009, 02:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the diagrams for LT1 cars at the house. Give me about an hour and I'll give you an answer. I'm at work right now.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:54 AM
12 Second Club

okay cool j thanks, well i had a small victory, i found the tps pin, it is pin 22 but apparently there is 2 of them, it is the harder to get to one in the gray section instead of the obvious one in the blue section. J if you could check to see WHICH pin 13 it is for the rpm signal i would really appreciate it, it's a little late to be firing up the car to check to see if i get an rpm signal, lol, also do you know if i should be running the orange wire to the + or - output of my wideband?
Old 01-16-2009, 03:28 AM
10 Second Club

My schematics don't have the harness color, but do have the wire colors. The tach output should be be a white wire surrounded by a tan with black stripe and a brown wire. This is what I would use for the RPM pickup. For the TPS..Are you trying to tap into the dark blue that is surrounded by light green and the light blue with a black stripe?
Old 01-16-2009, 03:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by evilbeef54
also do you know if i should be running the orange wire to the + or - output of my wideband?
Your wideband should have something that sends the 0-5v signal to a gauge. That is the wire you want. What kind of wideband do you have?
Old 01-16-2009, 09:03 AM
FormerVendor

NVM found the numbers, good thing i have 20/10 vision, for future refrence if you look at where the wires go into the plugs below the wires are very tiny numbers
lol better than the coke bottles I wear. Age doesn't treat us well and my eyes and memory are the first to go.

For the TPS, you were in the wrong bundle. I'll update that in the instructions for future use.

RPM, really there are a few options you can go with. I always like to go to the PCM for the connection which helps keep wires confined to one area. There should be a red connector harness and you'll want to find pin the white wire pin 13.

What wideband are you hooking it up to?

Nick
Old 01-20-2009, 01:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
lol better than the coke bottles I wear. Age doesn't treat us well and my eyes and memory are the first to go.

For the TPS, you were in the wrong bundle. I'll update that in the instructions for future use.

RPM, really there are a few options you can go with. I always like to go to the PCM for the connection which helps keep wires confined to one area. There should be a red connector harness and you'll want to find pin the white wire pin 13.

What wideband are you hooking it up to?

Nick
got it all hooked up sat before the race, everything worked perfect, thanks, and it is the LM-2 wideband, the microedge must be set to the LC-1 setting to work properly not the lm-1 setting
Old 01-20-2009, 10:56 AM
FormerVendor

got it all hooked up sat before the race, everything worked perfect, thanks, and it is the LM-2 wideband, the microedge must be set to the LC-1 setting to work properly not the lm-1 setting
Glad to see everything worked out. Thanks!

Nick
Old 01-20-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

This might sound like a dumb question but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway...When you guys are piggybacking a wire to your PCM, are you using some kind of special connector, splicing the wire itself, just jamming the exposed wire into the PCM connection itself, or something totally different????? When I wired in the TPS and RPM wires for my Microedge, I contemplated tapping the PCM but didn't want to mess anything up.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:04 AM
12 Second Club

i just used 2 of those blue inline splicers, as long as you are careful it will work out just fine