Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feed line and Bracket???

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Feed line and Bracket???

Wanted to know how ya'll route your feed line from the spare tire spot to the engine bay.Pics would be great. Installing my first kit tommorow so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Also has anyone used the solenoid bracket provided by HSW. If so what did you mount it to?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

I ran mine under the car along the passenger side. Sorry no pics though. Never used that bracket always made my own.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:27 PM
8 Second Club

i ran mine inside. no pics, but it goes under the plastics along the kick panel on the pass. side through a hole in the firewall. if you remove the computer there is a grommet that has some wires running in it. the main line fits good.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Brian Coles
Wanted to know how ya'll route your feed line from the spare tire spot to the engine bay.Pics would be great. Installing my first kit tommorow so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Also has anyone used the solenoid bracket provided by HSW. If so what did you mount it to?
Just remove a few of the plastic trim pieces and run it along the inside of the door jamb. Just be careful not to route the hose along where the screws go for mounting the panels back up. You don't want any of the screws to accidentally puncture the hose. Come out of the rubber grommet behind the pcm. Cut the hole small so its a snug fit and weather tight.

Which bracket do you have?

Thanks

Nick
Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also like to route them down the interior passenger side. The only thing I would add to what Nick said is I tape a peice of wireloom on the hose where it goes through the rubber garmet. I do this to keep the hose from ever rubbing against the pcm wires in the future. Just added insurance.
Dave
Old 01-19-2009, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I also like to route them down the interior passenger side. The only thing I would add to what Nick said is I tape a peice of wireloom on the hose where it goes through the rubber garmet. I do this to keep the hose from ever rubbing against the pcm wires in the future. Just added insurance.
Dave
You're right. A lot of people don't realize that the braids turn into a virtual sanding machine with engine vibration. Doesn't take long to cut through shielding. I just hate the way that plastic loom looks

Nick
Old 01-19-2009, 10:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What plastic loom do you use. We use a high quality automotive loom that is built to with stand the heat. This keeps it from turning soft and getting distorted like the cheap loom you get from general auto parts stores.

We also only put this loom on the area of the braided hose coming through the fire wall. So no one will ever see it.
Dave
Old 01-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys. I got the feed line routed!!! Now I'm going to mount the Microedge in the center console. The gromet behind the PCM is how I should route the wires? Any tricks to get from there to the console?
Old 01-20-2009, 11:04 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Brian Coles
Thanks guys. I got the feed line routed!!! Now I'm going to mount the Microedge in the center console. The gromet behind the PCM is how I should route the wires? Any tricks to get from there to the console?
Easy, just pull the lower panel from under the glove box. Pull the upper console off the lower console and you can easily fish stuff through. Let me know if you need any help...there is a good thread going on right now showing some good mounting locations on the console.

Nick