Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dry shot ???????

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dry shot ???????

just trying to understand this ok.... alright well if i run a dry shot pre maf on my 2004 gto i do not have to have it tuned for it because maf will fatten it right?????
Old 01-18-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

depends how lucky you are with the maf reading the correct amount of spray.
but that is the ideal scenario most of us had in mind before our air lids were made to look like swiss cheese.

now if i had a 2004 GTO, i'd get myself a nitrous outlet halo bar and expect to be good to go.
http://nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/pro...roduct_id=1212
Old 01-19-2009, 12:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would never spray without making sure the a/f is right on the dyno first.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Dry Hit that works the best these days and correctly is the Sudden Impact from HSW. It includes the Dry plate after the maf and the Interface for fueling and timing pull. There isn't better out there for dry and actually tuning the a/f ratio to exactly what you want and it won't vary on you, no guessing anymore.
Robert
Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fox16
just trying to understand this ok.... alright well if i run a dry shot pre maf on my 2004 gto i do not have to have it tuned for it because maf will fatten it right?????
Correct, technically speaking you won't have to "tune" it. What you're going to have to do is verify nozzle placement is okay and that the maf does indeed register the added content. That is where the fun comes in...if it doesn't register it, you're going to have to continuously mess with the positioning and 'dial' in your a/f. Easiest way to accomplish this, is get it on a dyno w/ wideband or if you have a wideband meter, you can do it on your own.

Feel free to contact us or Robert56 if you have any questions. There are a few products on the market now that help make this quite a bit easier.

Thanks

Nick
Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Our halo system works very well on the GTO. Due to the design the complete air track is submerged in nitrous. Most of the time the airfuel is pretty close to being dead on.

If you do not want to deal with a possible tunning hassle, piggy back electrical devices or upgrading injectors I would suggest one of our single nozzle or wet plate systems. Less tunning hassle, easy to adjust and tune, great power with alot of room to grow.
Dave
Old 01-19-2009, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

i had a wet kit and sold it cause my car felt like a dog on motor cause of the big cam.....now i am going to get it retuned for all motor and was gonna use a dry 125 shot to pick it back up.....i just want it to be fast on motor and on gas thats wat i was trying to accomplish
Old 01-19-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Our halo system works very well on the GTO. Due to the design the complete air track is submerged in nitrous. Most of the time the airfuel is pretty close to being dead on.

If you do not want to deal with a possible tunning hassle, piggy back electrical devices or upgrading injectors I would suggest one of our single nozzle or wet plate systems. Less tunning hassle, easy to adjust and tune, great power with alot of room to grow.
Dave
I know it's blasphmey, but the HALO dry kits and Interface are matches made in heaven. this is the way i rec going if not doing a plate kit as I have come to the conclusion, I hate the nozzles in the neck kits, but hey that's just my opinion, lol.
Robert
Old 01-19-2009, 03:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fox16
i had a wet kit and sold it cause my car felt like a dog on motor cause of the big cam.....now i am going to get it retuned for all motor and was gonna use a dry 125 shot to pick it back up.....i just want it to be fast on motor and on gas thats wat i was trying to accomplish
Nitrous makes things fast, that's for sure. What kind of issues were you having on the wet kit? Moving the nitrous further up the intake track is generally going to make the system hit harder. That being said, its pretty hard to beat our dry plate kit w/ Interface controller. If you have any questions on its use or abilities, please feel free to give us a call. Thanks.

Nick
Old 01-19-2009, 03:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Robert56
I hate the nozzles in the neck kits, but hey that's just my opinion, lol.
Robert
lol why not Robert? Don't care for the swiss cheese look in the intake track?

Nick

Quick Reply: dry shot ???????