Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So its now the time to get nitrous i have some questions(i went through the faq)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So its now the time to get nitrous i have some questions(i went through the faq)

I know a couple months back i posted some things about help about nitrous and if i should go with that or headers.. Well i ended up getting Headers Custom catback, Ls6 intake, PnP TB and a couple other things now its time for the nitrous. I want to keep my it my DD and my amazing Gas milage so i rather do nitrous than a cam for now i might get the came in the summer...
Well i was going to get tr6 plugs with the HSW wet plate kit and start with a 75 shot and there acc. package. But i am just making sure this will be good and i will prob bump up to a max of 125 shot MAYBE 150
Do you notice a huge difference when you hit WOT and the nitrous kicks and, and is it hard to handle.
How will the car act if you use it while on the street like the highway or from a low speed roll.
How does the car react on the track when you finally have the nitrous kick in.

I just want to know what i am in for when i finally get it and install it(and get a tune) and use it i do not want any surprises that can have a bad ending....
Old 01-25-2009, 05:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a nice setup and comparable to mine a couple years ago.

Do you notice a huge difference when you hit WOT and the nitrous kicks and, and is it hard to handle.

50 you can barely feel, 75 moreso, a 100 will put a smile on your face, a 150 will put a **** eating grin that just will not go away.

How will the car act if you use it while on the street like the highway or from a low speed roll.
Function of your tires and the coefficient of Friction. (Start with a 75, then do the 100 when your comfortable).

How does the car react on the track when you finally have the nitrous kick in.
With a good set of DR's very nicely.

I just want to know what i am in for when i finally get it and install it(and get a tune) and use it i do not want any surprises that can have a bad ending.

Keep the system in limits (bottle pressure) and use the colder plugs, window switch, and don't do anything stupid like throw 300 jets in and the only suprises should be pleasant ones...other than buying tires a little more often.