Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much spray?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much spray?

Im considering a 200 shot on a pretty much stock ls1 (lid and cutout). I was thinking of runnin a fjo w/ a 100shot out of the hole and ramp it up to the 200. Will the stock bottom end handle this ok? I should be able to tune it through my wideband and a predator, guessing somthing like 20* degrees of timing and around 11.5 AF. I also have access to 100 octane.

Also was considering the a nitrous plate, any recommendations? I would just need the plate as I have a NOS pro race solenoid and a NOS cheater solenoid.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Teching In

im no expert, but i do no think running a predator is a good idea, especially on a 200 shot, i suggest getting it tuned on the dyno and pulling your plugs often.

as for the nitrous plate, well a nitrous outlet plate is pretty good, it worked damn well for me.

i heavily suggest a professional tune and the nitro dave plate.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

The stock bottem in can handle the stress but if there is a hicup it will probably cost you a motor. I wouldn't advise it professionally. I sprayed my car < Factory Showroom Stock > with a 200hp shot back in the day and my motor lasted about 4months of hard *** nitrous abuse. I'm talking 2-3 bottles in a weekend and lord knows how many during the week when we went out racing.

Before you even think about spraying the car I would upgrade the pump. Thats why mine let go because up top it was starving for fuel.

If you abosolutely wanted to spray 200hp like stated above I'd use our plate. Also later on if you rebuild the motor and want to spray more than 200hp our will handle it without a problem where some of the others wont go over 200hp.

Here is a little flow vid done by one of our customers
View Video on FQuick

-Chris
Old 01-30-2009, 05:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
The stock bottem in can handle the stress but if there is a hicup it will probably cost you a motor. I wouldn't advise it professionally. I sprayed my car < Factory Showroom Stock > with a 200hp shot back in the day and my motor lasted about 4months of hard *** nitrous abuse. I'm talking 2-3 bottles in a weekend and lord knows how many during the week when we went out racing.

Before you even think about spraying the car I would upgrade the pump. Thats why mine let go because up top it was starving for fuel.

If you abosolutely wanted to spray 200hp like stated above I'd use our plate. Also later on if you rebuild the motor and want to spray more than 200hp our will handle it without a problem where some of the others wont go over 200hp.

Here is a little flow vid done by one of our customers
View Video on FQuick

-Chris
Wow, that's bad ***. I'm pretty convinced w/ that plate. I shouldn't have any problem running the solenoids listed above w/ the plate right? The racetronix 255 was going to be the first upgrade in this whole ordeal. And mainly it would only see spray at the track and that's usually once a month maybe 3-5 passes. What else was on your "factory showroom stock" car and how did it run in the 1/4? I'd really like to see low 11's in my set up. I think the progressive controller will help the longevity of parts and any traction issues as well.

Well I have wideband so a dyno isn't really necessary and checking the plugs is a must after every pull. I figured the diablo should give me enough control in order to pull timing and make minor fueling adjustments, otherwise ill make my adjustments w/ the jets..........
Old 01-30-2009, 05:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your bottom end should hold 200 for a good while as long as it isnt already going downhill..

i had a few buddies do this on their H/C full bolt on cars.. stock trans and rear... tons of passes..

if it were me... id do.. fuel pump, injectors, sticky tire, go all out on the nitrous kit (warmer, etc..).. just for some added protection you could go ahead and replace push rods.. i dont know what you are shifting though..

if your only going to do nitrous, and spray that big of a shot.. no reason not to go all out on it and do it right..

PS.. you should hit mid 11s pretty easily with traction..
Old 01-30-2009, 05:27 AM
Launching!

Injectors should be ok being that its a wet shot, I have the bottle heater and purge (im pretty interested in this nano technology, first time i've heard of it was just last week!). Sticky tire is something I'll need, prob go w/ mt drag radials. I figured push rods could wait till a cam? The stock trans and 10 bolt are prob my biggest concerns, they are weak sauce!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by stonemonk
Injectors should be ok being that its a wet shot, I have the bottle heater and purge (im pretty interested in this nano technology, first time i've heard of it was just last week!). Sticky tire is something I'll need, prob go w/ mt drag radials. I figured push rods could wait till a cam? The stock trans and 10 bolt are prob my biggest concerns, they are weak sauce!
injectors should be ok.. but if ALL i was doing is nitrous.. id do them.... unless you are on a budget, then screw them..

i like M/T myself..

yea, pushrods could wait.... what RPM are you shifting at.. if you have bumped you shift points up significantly over stock.. i would go ahead and put some in there.. you can pick up NIB in the F/S section for about 75-80 bucks usually... just added precaution..

yea, i would be worrying about the tranny and 10 bolt more than anything.. they are a joke..
just make sure you let your car cool between runs.. dont let you tranny overheat by hot lapping.. and dont spray a 200 out of the hole over and over..

FWIW... cutting a 1.4 sixty will pretty much sign the check for a 9 bolt.. 1.5s and you will be good for a while..
Old 01-30-2009, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on the year of the car, new injectors, upgrade fuel pump. My injectors (26#) on motor were 95% dc cam only. As far as the bottom end, I spray two stages for a total of 225hp, 15-16* of timing on 93 octane pump gas. Some say I'm crazy and asking for it to blow. Plugs look good, a wideband to monitor afr, and I log every pass on the bottles with HPTuners. About the programer, you'll be fine it you can pull timing and add fuel.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:59 AM
FormerVendor

Im considering a 200 shot on a pretty much stock ls1 (lid and cutout). I was thinking of runnin a fjo w/ a 100shot out of the hole and ramp it up to the 200. Will the stock bottom end handle this ok? I should be able to tune it through my wideband and a predator, guessing somthing like 20* degrees of timing and around 11.5 AF. I also have access to 100 octane.

Also was considering the a nitrous plate, any recommendations? I would just need the plate as I have a NOS pro race solenoid and a NOS cheater solenoid.
I really wouldnt run much over a 150 shot with that setup. There are lots of things i would upgrade before attempting a 200 shot. Shoot me a pm if you would like some recommendations. I would hate to see you blow the motor cause everyone tells you to run out and spray it.

I would suggest our plate with its full 360 degree conical spray pattern. It offers superior distribution to the intake then any other plate on the market. Easily out does others in quality of machining and flow.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

What else was on your "factory showroom stock" car and how did it run in the 1/4?
The car had a K&N Filter and no other mods. It was done via an old TNT Power ring setup w/ 200hp pills ( being a TNT kit lord knows what the actual jetting was because there jetting is off the wall ) and opn 26x11.5 ETStreets.

It went 11.42@122

-Chris

Last edited by Chris@NitroDaves; 01-30-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pulling fuel for a 200 shot from the rail is not a good idea. The problem is not the pressure, it's the volume. Look into a dedicated fuel cell from Nitrous Outlet or HSW.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Mike, you have a pm. I wouldn't pull fuel from the rail, can't I take it from the supply line pre rail somewhere, by t-ing in? I'm used to a return style 4.6 mustang system though, I'm aware these are returnless, now im not so sure if that'll work.........??
Old 01-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
The car had a K&N Filter and no other mods. It was done via an old TNT Power ring setup w/ 200hp pills ( being a TNT kit lord knows what the actual jetting was because there jetting is off the wall ) and opn 26x11.5 ETStreets.

It went 11.42@122

-Chris
Thats impressive, I will a few other things than that so hopefully a lower 11 should be attainable. Where did you get the fuel from? Stand alone system or????
Old 01-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Pulling fuel for a 200 shot from the rail is not a good idea. The problem is not the pressure, it's the volume. Look into a dedicated fuel cell from Nitrous Outlet or HSW.
My feelings exactly and also you can put some good fuel in there, not that weasel **** 100 octane.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
My feelings exactly and also you can put some good fuel in there, not that weasel **** 100 octane.
I do have 110 in some 5 gal drums....
Old 01-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Pulling fuel for a 200 shot from the rail is not a good idea. The problem is not the pressure, it's the volume.
Agreed

-Chris