Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"?" About HSP stand alone system

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "?" About HSP stand alone system

This may be a stupid question, but on the Harris Speedworks stand alone system, they send you the braided line along with 2 sleeves and 2 other black fittings w/ threads.... Are you suppose to just "thread" the black pieces into the hose and call it a day? The instructions are very detailed in removing the fuse boxes but not so much on the hose... Probably because you're suppose to already know what to do, lol guess I'm dumb. Any help would be awesome! Thanks!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:13 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by whiteboycntdnce
This may be a stupid question, but on the Harris Speedworks stand alone system, they send you the braided line along with 2 sleeves and 2 other black fittings w/ threads.... Are you suppose to just "thread" the black pieces into the hose and call it a day? The instructions are very detailed in removing the fuse boxes but not so much on the hose... Probably because you're suppose to already know what to do, lol guess I'm dumb. Any help would be awesome! Thanks!
lol no such thing as a dumb question. The hose is teflon lined self assemble braided hose. What you're going to do is cut the hose to length (a giant cable cutter from Lowe's usually works best). Insert the hose into the open end of the female fitting. Then simply thread the male part of it into the female part. Simple as that. If you have any questions along the way just ask. Thanks.

Nick
Old 02-14-2009, 08:37 AM
10 Second Club

I've also found that a dremel with a thin cutoff wheel works even better for cutting the hose. It takes a little longer, but makes a smoother, cleaner cut, so the end doesn't try to fray, and is easier to insert into the fitting. Wrap a piece of masking tape around the hose where you want to make your cut. A lot of people cut at the end of the tape, but I have found if you place the tape so you are cutting right in the middle of the tape (cut through the tape and the hose at the same time) it works best. This leaves both ends smooth with a piece of tape still wrapped around them to keep the braid from fraying before you get ready to use it. Just pull the tape off right when you are ready to insert the hose in the fitting.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by N20SS
I've also found that a dremel with a thin cutoff wheel works even better for cutting the hose. It takes a little longer, but makes a smoother, cleaner cut, so the end doesn't try to fray, and is easier to insert into the fitting. Wrap a piece of masking tape around the hose where you want to make your cut. A lot of people cut at the end of the tape, but I have found if you place the tape so you are cutting right in the middle of the tape (cut through the tape and the hose at the same time) it works best. This leaves both ends smooth with a piece of tape still wrapped around them to keep the braid from fraying before you get ready to use it. Just pull the tape off right when you are ready to insert the hose in the fitting.
Yes this is another great way of doing it. One thing I would recommend is to flush the hose out prior to hooking it up to the solenoid to ensure that all of the debris is out of the hose. Also be careful with the heat of the bit while cutting the teflon, sometimes it has a tendency to melt.

Nick