Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lookin for a stand alone fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin for a stand alone fuel system

Anyone have a Harris speed works fuel system or something like it for sale?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SIKSIX
Anyone have a Harris speed works fuel system or something like it for sale?
We do

There might be one or two in the for sale section on here.

Nick
Old 02-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

tax return special ?
Old 02-14-2009, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

Here's my .02. I have the Harris setup, and I really like the way it is layed out, and the quality is very good. It does have one problem though. The brackets to relocate the fuse boxes don't work well. The metal is very thick and hard to slide into the fuse box and its not wide enough. It doesn't take up all the space from one side of the slot to the other so the fuse box won't stay attached. The bracket will come off without sliding. It slips out of the slot, or I should say the fuse box slips off the bracket. I think if a thinner gauge metal was used for the bracket it could be made a little wider so it wouldn't slip out of the fuse box tabs. I think the fact that it is so thick is the reason it can't be made wide enough and still be able to slide into the fuse box. If not for this one issue it would be perfect. This may not be the info you wanted but I thought I would mention it before you buy the Harris kit. I was a little disappointed with mine, because my fuse boxes fall off all the time. Especially the top one.

I went out and measured just now, and there is only about .5mm of each tab holding on to the bracket. The tabs are 42.26mm apart and the bracket is only 43.26mm wide. This was measured on the top fuse box. The one with the large positive battery cable on it.

Last edited by N20SS; 02-14-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

Did you do any of the trimming on the plastic from the directions? I'm not saying it isn't impossible, but I install quite a few of these and haven't ran into this problem. Shoot me over a PM and we can discuss a few ways to secure them permanently.

Nick

Originally Posted by N20SS
Here's my .02. I have the Harris setup, and I really like the way it is layed out, and the quality is very good. It does have one problem though. The brackets to relocate the fuse boxes don't work well. The metal is very thick and hard to slide into the fuse box and its not wide enough. It doesn't take up all the space from one side of the slot to the other so the fuse box won't stay attached. The bracket will come off without sliding. It slips out of the slot, or I should say the fuse box slips off the bracket. I think if a thinner gauge metal was used for the bracket it could be made a little wider so it wouldn't slip out of the fuse box tabs. I think the fact that it is so thick is the reason it can't be made wide enough and still be able to slide into the fuse box. If not for this one issue it would be perfect. This may not be the info you wanted but I thought I would mention it before you buy the Harris kit. I was a little disappointed with mine, because my fuse boxes fall off all the time. Especially the top one.

I went out and measured just now, and there is only about .5mm of each tab holding on to the bracket. The tabs are 42.26mm apart and the bracket is only 43.26mm wide. This was measured on the top fuse box. The one with the large positive battery cable on it.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to invite you to look at our systems as well. We are the ones who came up with the all in one dedicated fuel system design. We offer two different designs for the F-body. Either design cost 710.00

Our battery dedicated Holds one gallon of fuel and mounts in the factory battery location. The hold down clamp that holds the battery in place is what locks this dedicated firmly down.

Our Fuse dedicated was designed for the customer not wanting to relocate the battery. This unit mounts on the front core support by the radiator. Using this product will not require moving anything at all. This unit holds just alittle under 1 gallon.

All of our dedicated fuel systems come completely assembled. All you have to do is cut to fit the braided fuel hose and attach the ends. Our dedicated fuel systems also come complete with a wring harness, relay and a colored wiring diiagram.

We try to keep both theses designs on the shelf.

Just another option..
Dave
Old 02-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

are any of the nitrous vendors gonna offer a tax return special? i need a standalone fuel system
Old 02-16-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dave got any pics of the fuse one in car?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by caviness
dave got any pics of the fuse one in car?
Yes sir.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
are any of the nitrous vendors gonna offer a tax return special? i need a standalone fuel system
I am not sure what specials we are planing other than the moving sale we have going right now. Once we get moved at the end of this week and get back running smooth we will have a better idea of our plans.
Dave
Old 02-16-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks Dave.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:04 PM
FormerVendor

No problem..
Old 02-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

great il be waiting lol.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

I'm curious on how this system operates. Would you use it along side your existing system? Or just switch this system on and turn the stock system off?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The Dedicated is wired to the nitrous kit ARM switch so its ready to feed the system upon activation. The stock fuel system will still feed the engine as needed without removing fuel for the nitrous.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:37 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1FstFormulaV8
I'm curious on how this system operates. Would you use it along side your existing system? Or just switch this system on and turn the stock system off?
Yes its used in conjunction with your stock system. Its only purpose is to feed fuel for the fuel side of the nitrous system. N/A fueling is still controlled via its own circuit.

Nick
Old 01-26-2011, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

i know this thread is old but im currently running a 418ci LS3 setup on a racetronix fuel pump, stock fuel rails and 42lb injectors and i planned on running a 150-200 WET shot (pref the nitrous outlet race single nozzle) but i know my fuel cant support it... Is this the best route for me to go? Or do I have better options? Thanks

Last edited by z28kidd; 01-26-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:48 AM
FormerVendor

The dedicated would be the most cost affective way for you to go. Other wise you are going to need to upgrade the cars entire fuel system to something like a dual intake pump set up and that is up around a 1000 dollars.

With the dedicated as long as your fuel system has enough to supply the motor you are golden.
Dave
Old 01-26-2011, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
The dedicated would be the most cost affective way for you to go. Other wise you are going to need to upgrade the cars entire fuel system to something like a dual intake pump set up and that is up around a 1000 dollars.

With the dedicated as long as your fuel system has enough to supply the motor you are golden.
Dave
Sounds good, and that will work fine with any "wet" system I buy???
Old 01-26-2011, 01:09 PM
FormerVendor

Yes sir.

Quick Reply: Lookin for a stand alone fuel system