Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tnt power ring

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default tnt power ring

so hopefully soon i will be picking up a new tnt 90mm power ring setup for my TA and i have an ls6 intake with a pp stock throttle body, and i was wondering where i can get a 78mm ring for it, i tried emailing and calling tnt and i havent recieved a response yet, also if you have any pics of your install please post them up, im very excited! thanks!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:08 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont have any pics, but its a pretty clean setup. i installed my about a month ago. its been fun. my bottle is in the spare tire area and the main line runs under the plastics into the firewall. you will enjoy it, guaranteed!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had one, and just like the guy above. they hit hard as hell. you could just get a plate system from nitro daves or HSW. those would be better hitting and cleaner install

this was my old setup with there power ring
Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 78 mm power ring right now that I will use with Nitro dave nozzles because the tnt ones are corroded. When I go with the FAST intake I will step up to the Nitro dave plate instead of going with the tnt.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Restricted User

Didn't TNT go out of business?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by socmguy
Didn't TNT go out of business?
No Al Anabi racing bought them out. They are getting things together. There was a thread about this a while back I dont remember all the details.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IH8FORD
No Al Anabi racing bought them out. They are getting things together. There was a thread about this a while back I dont remember all the details.
Who is that? From what I was told they went under.. I could be wrong but I have not seen any proof that shown other wise.
Dave
Old 02-16-2009, 11:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
so hopefully soon i will be picking up a new tnt 90mm power ring setup for my TA and i have an ls6 intake with a pp stock throttle body, and i was wondering where i can get a 78mm ring for it, i tried emailing and calling tnt and i havent recieved a response yet, also if you have any pics of your install please post them up, im very excited! thanks!
If you can not find a power ring set up and want to step up to something alittle more up to date check out our plate system. It is a proven designe capable of flowing over 400 hp. The clean fitment and proven performance over 300 hp make it a great option.
Dave
Old 02-17-2009, 11:10 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
You might be able to find a ring up in the for sale section or ebay. Hate to see you have to invest in a whole plate if you can simply find the ring used. If you need any help please feel free to ask. We did have a old 78mm ring but we had to modify it years ago for the 90mm so it would be of little use.

Nick
Old 02-17-2009, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Who is that? From what I was told they went under.. I could be wrong but I have not seen any proof that shown other wise.
Dave
Watch ESPN They have a top fuel race team and a funny car. They have been buying up everything.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 PM
FormerVendor

You could always lock the nozzles into a smooth bellows and be done with it. We have done many set ups like this. To be honest with you its less hassle than dealing with the fitment problems from the power ring.
Dave
Old 02-17-2009, 10:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by IH8FORD
Watch ESPN They have a top fuel race team and a funny car. They have been buying up everything.
Ill have to look into that. But I find it hard to believe a company would invest into another company and then brake off all ties from there customers. That would be a bad investment if you ask me.
Dave
Old 02-18-2009, 05:31 AM
FormerVendor

You could always lock the nozzles into a smooth bellows and be done with it. We have done many set ups like this. To be honest with you its less hassle than dealing with the fitment problems from the power ring.
Dave
Its actually pretty easy to get on there if you just trim a slight bit off of the o ring and bake the ring.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 06:06 AM
10 Second Club

Ill have to look into that. But I find it hard to believe a company would invest into another company and then brake off all ties from there customers. That would be a bad investment if you ask me.
Dave
Better for you though.