Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZEX kit. Do I need a tune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ZEX kit. Do I need a tune?

I have a 02t/a, Full bolt ons,built trans,3600 stall, and I want to get the ZEX wet kit for it. And I already have a dyno tune. I dont think I need a other one do I ? The kit says it adds and adjust fuel accordingly so it wont let you go to rich or too lean.. And I want to spray a 125 shot. Will I be ok? Any tips/advice is appreciated.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorFan08
I have a 02t/a, Full bolt ons,built trans,3600 stall, and I want to get the ZEX wet kit for it. And I already have a dyno tune. I dont think I need a other one do I ? The kit says it adds and adjust fuel accordingly so it wont let you go to rich or too lean.. And I want to spray a 125 shot. Will I be ok? Any tips/advice is appreciated.
im lookin for that same kit how much did that run u and was wonderin were i mite be able to get it . . .
Old 02-16-2009, 02:04 AM
12 Second Club

pulling timing is recommended, i'd say definatly since you already have a dyno tune chances are that they added a bit of timing already so you will definatly want to pull some timing. Also make sure you check plugs or do some datalogging to make sure that everything is running correctly, start with pulling 5* and work from there, if you want to keep your current tune for NA driving and have the timing pulled only when the n2o comes on you could look into the HSW interface
Old 02-16-2009, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

I dont have the money for the datalog program. But would I be ok if I just pulled degrees of timing??? And where could I get a good controller to pull timing while im spraying?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:15 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GatorFan08
A 125 shot is perfectly fine on these cars as long as you have the fuel to support it. If you are already tuned, I would call the tuner and ask if the timing had been advanced any. If so, there are a few ways around it. Shoot me over a PM and we can put together a nice package for you.

Nick
Old 02-16-2009, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

What are the ways around it?? I want a 125 shot. And I cant find any timing controllers like you guys are talking about, I found a microedge on ebay...but I doesnt say anything about letting you change the timing just has a AFR shut down.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

What are the ways around it?? I want a 125 shot. And I cant find any timing controllers like you guys are talking about, I found a microedge on ebay...but It doesnt say anything about letting you change the timing just has a AFR shut down.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

the interface from hsw will pull the timing for you
Old 02-17-2009, 12:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Zex system is a great beginner system. You are limited in future grwoth but if you do not plan to go over 150 HP it will work. make sure you get a ZEX windowswitch as well. This is the only windowswitch that workes well with there system.

The Active fuel management marketing can be very misleading. Even with the Zex system you need to varify the cars airfuel. The Zex system is using the fact that the nitrous discharge at the bathtub of the nozzle is oulling vacumme on the fuel tube. They are using the fact that the amount of nitrous flowed will aid different amounts of vacumme. This works to a certain extent but can cost you a motor if relying on it to make sure the tune is right.

As for timing controll. The most reliable and safe way is to either do it through PCM tuning or a device that will remove timming. There are only three reliable devices that I would use.
The lingerfelter, MSD timing twister, or timming tunner.

We carry the largest selection in systems and accessories including ZEX. If I can help in any way please let me know.
Dave