Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Direct Port Kit..What do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Direct Port Kit..What do I need?

So first off, 98 Z28, 88,000 miles. Pacesetter longtubes, Centerforce DF clutch, Fast 92/92, Pro 5.0 short throw, SFC, and ST brace. I think that is it. I am not new to nitrous, but I want to do this install correctly.

I bought the LSX Direct Port kit from ZEX. I want to do this safely and correctly, and could use all the input possible. I am probably looking to get a standalone fuel system from HSW, as I have had great luck with them in the past. I also know that I want to put a fuel pressure, and nitrous pressure gauge inside the car on a pod. What other supporting accessories will I need to do this? I have a HSW bottle heater already.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

def. wanna change plugs, check the a/f and pull some timing!
Old 02-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Teching In

I have the TR6's in now. I used to have a dry shot, but since I got the Fast 92/92 setup, I am going with the Direct Port. I am just wondering what all I need to pull timing, get the fuel pressure all where it needs to be, supporting equipment, etc.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:48 PM
FormerVendor

how big of a shot do you plan to run? a standalone would certainly take care of your fueling needs. Even if you start off small you will never be limited by your fuel system, so you can grow in the future. It will also allow you to run low pressure which we always recommend on smaller shots.

The interface and microedge controllers go very well together. The interface works just as well with wet direct ports since you can just adjust fuel with the flip of a switch, rather then changing 8 jets. It will also allow you to pull any amount of timing you want with some tuning. If have another kit from a previous system you could run that with the microedge so you have a nice two stage setup.

Other then that, nitrous filter, Fuel pressure switch, correct plugs for your application, etc. shoot me a pm if you have anymore questions.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called you guys about my direct port set up and you guys told me the interface would be good for a wet direct port.