Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fm-14 and 100 dry shot

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fm-14 and 100 dry shot

ok i just had my motor rebuilt and im having a dyno tune dry kit put on it, it was mail order tuned for the fm 14 114lsa i have been reading up on everything but im not real sure on what i would need to pull the timing from the car when i spray and what kind of window switch if any should i use? i only want to spray it on tnt nights and maybe alil fun on the street, but i will not be spraying it every pass i make. i do plan on having it dyno tuned when everything is done. but i thought i should ask on here before i have it tuned and i forgot to buy a part in order to keep it safe.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:43 PM
FormerVendor

I would recommend our interface and microedge controllers. Combined there would take care of just about every need you have. The interface elimnates dry tuning, you just need to get the car on the dyno and verify A/F. Adjustments are made using the dip switches inside the casing. It will also pull up to 3 degrees on your car without any additional tuning. Any tuner could easily make it capable to pull any of amount timing you want though. The microedge is a dual stage window switch with built in A/F shutdown switch and many on delay features.

You could simply pull timing from the pcm, but that will effect your NA performance, which i am guessing you dont want. Also, the interface will allow you to locate the nozzle in any position you want, even post maf.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:49 PM
10 Second Club

if i were to just pull timing from the pcm what problems would i run into when i spray it?
Old 02-22-2009, 07:44 AM
FormerVendor

none at all, you are simply going to make less power NA then you would with an external device. One like the interface pulls timing when the kit is activated. If you pull it though the pcm it will always be there.