Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing Tuner

Im looking for those who have used the Timing Tuner as not only a timing controller but a window switch as well.. Im currently putting my kit together and ran up on a deal with a timing tuner. I was originally planning on using a MSD Digital window switch and no timing controller. But if i can get best of both worlds i will go that route. Thanks . Chime in
Old 02-25-2009, 02:10 AM
Teching In

Ive used it for over a year....works just fine!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:37 AM
12 Second Club

It works great, no problems and it has a delay that helps with traction....
Old 02-25-2009, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

I've installed many with no issues.

Nick
Old 02-26-2009, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Sweet. Ima go head and pick this up then.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juicedz28
Im looking for those who have used the Timing Tuner as not only a timing controller but a window switch as well.. Im currently putting my kit together and ran up on a deal with a timing tuner. I was originally planning on using a MSD Digital window switch and no timing controller. But if i can get best of both worlds i will go that route. Thanks . Chime in

Do you mean both at the same time or just one or the other? I'm wondering cuz I have the MSD rpm window switch(not the digital one) and also want to get a timing tuner so I can have a motor tuning and pull timing when I wanna spray.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Im looking to see if the "window switch" option on the timing tuner will work adquately as far as locking 1st gear out and allowing me to set it to 3000 rpm to 6xxxx, 2nd threw 6th gear. Or does it just set the rpms meaning i'll be spraying out of the hole?
Old 03-03-2009, 06:59 AM
TECH Resident

The timing tuner has no direct ability to monitor gear selection.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

So does this mean out of the hole it would be hitting it?

How would that effect traction or anyother driveability off the dig?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have used the timming tuner for years with no issues. It will incorparate both the windowswitch and timming into one box.

Yes once you activate the the system and go full throttle the wot switch will complete the circut and as long as the car is at the set RPMs you have programed into the timming tunner the system will activate.
Dave
Old 03-03-2009, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

K. sounds good. Sounds like i'll use the timing tuner for both a timing controller and window switch. Just gotta do some more research on spraying out of the whole shot. Thank you guys for chiming in
Old 03-04-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

The timing tuner has a delay function but there are other ways to mute activation. The simplest is to manually throw the switch once under way. This is what I do with my automatic. You can also lock out the nitrous circuit by putting another switch in the shifter. If you are lucky you will find the thread that shows the construction of the 1st gear lock out. I wish I could direct you to it.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
We have used the timming tuner for years with no issues. It will incorparate both the windowswitch and timming into one box.

Yes once you activate the the system and go full throttle the wot switch will complete the circut and as long as the car is at the set RPMs you have programed into the timming tunner the system will activate.
Dave
how much timming can this thing pull? I already have a msd digital window switch, so this would just replace it and when in the right(programmed) rpm range pull timing as well as activate the kit? not alot of info on this in your website.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01Z28M6
The timing tuner has a delay function but there are other ways to mute activation. The simplest is to manually throw the switch once under way. This is what I do with my automatic. You can also lock out the nitrous circuit by putting another switch in the shifter. If you are lucky you will find the thread that shows the construction of the 1st gear lock out. I wish I could direct you to it.

How does it delay it? Do you preset it to a time frame?

And manually activating it wouldn't be to hard with an auto. But with a M6 it would be trickier and to inconsistent for me.

And i wish you could direct me to that thread as well.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:19 AM
TECH Resident

And manually activating it wouldn't be to hard with an auto. But with a M6 it would be trickier and to inconsistent for me.

There are tiny dip switches and dials under the cover that you must twiddle and combine to create the configuration you want. You can delay activation by as much as 8 tenths of a second.

I will try to find you something regarding the 1st gear disconnect. I recall the post had a picture of the shifter base and the means by which the circuit was wired to it. The concept was similar to a WOT switch except the circuit was open when the shifter was in 1st and closed (connected) otherwise.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01Z28M6
There are tiny dip switches and dials under the cover that you must twiddle and combine to create the configuration you want. You can delay activation by as much as 8 tenths of a second.

I will try to find you something regarding the 1st gear disconnect. I recall the post had a picture of the shifter base and the means by which the circuit was wired to it. The concept was similar to a WOT switch except the circuit was open when the shifter was in 1st and closed (connected) otherwise.
Good info. I will be waiting for that thread if you can dig it up. Thanks alot. This would help out alot.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BLAKE 01 WS6
how much timming can this thing pull? I already have a msd digital window switch, so this would just replace it and when in the right(programmed) rpm range pull timing as well as activate the kit? not alot of info on this in your website.
You can pull up to 15 degrees with the timing tuner.

Nick
Old 03-04-2009, 10:13 AM
FormerVendor

Its just a timer. It can delay the hit for 8 tenths of a second.

Nick
Old 03-04-2009, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Its just a timer. It can delay the hit for 8 tenths of a second.

Nick

Have you seen the thread about locking the 1st gear out, or know of this modification.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

If the timing tuner detects an error once activated will it keep the kit from activating so you don't blow the motor?