Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

n2o pros check over my set-up please!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default n2o pros check over my set-up please!!

Got a little time to work on the ride tonight. Nitrous guys please look over what ive done so far and point out any mistakes please!!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Heres a concern I had.

Does this stick in far enough? Dosnt look like it to me but i dont really know. I mean i guess @ WOT it should suck it right over and into the motor? Maybe? Or should i get a different bellow?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

Couple more pics

Old 02-24-2009, 08:48 PM
12 Second Club

just looks a lil busy with the an line running everywhere i would run the main n2o feed line under the a/c lines just a few inches to the right, and unbolt the lid and rad shroud and keep runing the feed line under the rad shroud, i would also try to see if i could get the fuel noid over on the right side with the n2o and purge noids to keep that line and wires from just hanging out over the top like that, and whats te deal with that huge adapter on the purge noid, can you ditch that and hook the purge noid right up to the T block? just some cosmetic stuff, but i'm kinda pickey on that, looks like you should be fine with the fogger, you can take off the bellow and look at the other side of the fogger
Old 02-24-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

Other than cosmetic stuff is there anything that would make the setup unsafe or not function properly? This is just my inital setup and im going to try to make it a little cleaner later on. As far as that big thing before the purge, I really dont know what it is? This is a second hand kit for the most part and thats just how it was when I got it.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

actually yeah upon looking at the pics again did you use teflon tape on the fittings, if so get that stuff off there clean out the threads go back and do it with blue loctite, you would hate to have a piece of teflon tape break off and jam up a n2o noid. other that that it's kinda hard to tell without seeing how you wired everything up but looks okay, you sure those an line are staying away from the pullies? kinda hard to tell from the pics, i'd look to see if ya can ditch that adapter for the purge noid to put it closer to the n2o noid
Old 02-24-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

I havnt done any of the wiring yet. And I think its teflon paste thats on the fitings. This was how it was already done. I plan on taken all the fittings apart and re-doing them.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

okay, i'd also get a nitrous filter on there, cheap insurance, other than that the initial plumbing looks correct, teflon paste is kinda gritty, i'd get rid of that and clean off the threads and use blue loctit before i every tried spraying, especially if you didnt do it, you dont know know if the previous owner painted the paste right up to the edge of the fittings, BAD idea. lets put it this way, i wouldn't use teflon tape or paste on the paintball guns i used to work on, where you get a jammed noid you lose a tournament, im definatly not using it on a noid that if stuck open could blow my motor
Old 02-24-2009, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

get rid of the teflon that crap will come loose and cause a solenoid to hang up. Will suck really bad if a n2o solenoid hung open and the fuel shut off. Hey but 2 thumbs up on that nitrogen assist SWEET. I learned my lesson 2 years ago getting greedy on the gas started off only going to hit 70 then I was like why not lets go 100 then 150 then I sold my mustang without a engine and bought a cheap F-body still miss the ole 5.0 but oh well I have another money pit to keep me busy. good luck with your install It will result in a ear to ear smile the first time you hit it trust me
Old 02-25-2009, 10:14 AM
FormerVendor

Get a nozzle retaining nut on the nozzle so it doesn't pop out of the bellow.

Nick
Old 02-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Launching!

No blow-down tubes ?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Get a nozzle retaining nut on the nozzle so it doesn't pop out of the bellow.

Nick
Yeah I have a retaining nut, just didnt get that far yet.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TA-Swede
No blow-down tubes ?
?? Blow down tubes?? I have a blow down tube pictured, on the n2o bottle.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:19 PM
TECH Junkie

As it looks from the photos you should be fine with a couple of finishing touches. You're probably going to need to drill out the bellow hole more so you can get the retaining nut on the nozzle. It looks like you need to wire the FPSS to your relay. While it's not necessary, a WOT switch is nice addition.

If you wanted to make a little better here are a couple of ideas -

If you can afford to get shorter lines between your nozzle and solenoids I would do that. If you can ditch the BBK and get an LS6 intake you won't be using the nitrous to cool your manifold

Oh and you'll be fine with the teflon paste, just don't use any sealant on AN fittings.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

Where is the best place to mount the WOT switch? Inside behind the gas petal, or under the hood behind the throttle body?
Old 02-26-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by blakern
Where is the best place to mount the WOT switch? Inside behind the gas petal, or under the hood behind the throttle body?
Throttle body.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
12 Second Club

yup throttle body works great and you arent really going for the hidden install so i'd put it there, if you do the pedal method you will need a pedal stop so you dont crush the switch
Old 02-28-2009, 09:47 PM
9 Second Club

Here is the kit im selling I had on my car. May give you and idea. I used a piece of 4 inch metal pipe and tig a nut on both sides and drilled and tapped it. and screwed my nozzles in and put loc tite on them so they dont move. If you have a wet kit you can also drill and tap the back of your MAF sensor I did this on another set up.
the rubber pipe I got from home depot in the pipe section cut it to length then boiled it in water to stretch it over my TB and METAL pipe. $4.50 part.

Yea the engine bay is dirty its getting body work and a new hood so dont knock the dirt lol

found a pic of my maf that was drilled and tapped.

the set up with it that way.

Last edited by dnkynrbk; 02-28-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:54 PM
9 Second Club

Old 03-02-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

Somethings not right here. That silver thing right before the purge soleniod is the dynotune nitrous filter, if im correct. But that cant be the right place for it. It would only be fitlering the n20 thats going out the purge right? What should I do here? Should I just switch the purge and n2o soleniods around?

Also kindof rigged up a wot bracket.