Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NXL install questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NXL install questions

I have read Bad Habit Birds install pointers and they did help especially getting the injectors into the rail. I have a few other questions though.

1. Did you all get instructions for your kits? I got the generic instructions from NX but they dont mention the NXL kit at all. I Have almost all the plumbing done but a NXL specific instruction would have been nice especially for the wiring.

2. Did you get the Y and nitrous lines to run to the rails? I got the main feed line from the tank but nothing to split that to send it to the individual rails.

3. I am missing a couple of the mounting hardware pieces specifically the 2 allen headed bolts that hold the rail to the L bracket to mount to the intake. No biggie but frustrating.

4. The plugs for the rear of the rail? I dont see any in the kit.

Finally a question I have the NXL kit going on a LS1 swapped 93 RX7. The very front tip of the drivers side rail it barely hitting the hood when the hood is down. I am talking just enough to dent the paint. Maybe a 1/64 of and inch or less. Is it ok to grind that front corner down a fraction to get a smidge more clearance?

All in all the kit is a very easy install even without any instructions and this is my first experience at all with nitrous. A few things are missing from the kit that I have talked about above but other than that a great kit.

The worst part is because of those few missing pieces I wont be able to test her out this weekend. I need to order a purge, FPSS and window switch anyway but it would have been nice to try out a little 100 shot.

Mike
Old 10-18-2003, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: NXL install questions

1. You should have had 4 or 5 photo-copied sheets with the NXL specific instructions on them. If you don't have them, I can try to get images of them posted.

2. Give them a call, probably a simple mistake including them in the box.

3. Again, give them a call - they're rushing to get 'em out the door to everyone quickly, they might have missed it in packing. They should have been screwed into the rails.

4. They should be in the baggie with the weatherpak connectors. Two little silver allen head plugs.

You can grind it down, there's enough meat there if you don't get crazy. If you take 1/8" off there its no problem.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Brian thanks.

I will give them a call Monday. I figured it was just a mistake in packing.

I did NOT get any photocopied instructions so if there is some way for you to post them I would realy appreciate it.

Old 10-18-2003, 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if he does not post them, i'll get my dealer to scan them, and send them to me, and i'll forward them to you.

Ryan.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Brian thanks.

I will give them a call Monday. I figured it was just a mistake in packing.

I did NOT get any photocopied instructions so if there is some way for you to post them I would realy appreciate it.

Hmmmmmmm..... Well, after reading your first post I got curious as to see if I got everything in my kit as well and now that I've looked I'm definately missing a couple things also (although apparently not as many as you are.) I got the photocopies (they were shrinkwrapped in with the board that had the harness, connectors and bottle mounts.) Looks like the last page will help you the most on the wiring, all the other pages look to be info. on how to mount the fuel rails/injectors.

I got the silver plugs for the rear of the fuel rails (they were in with the connectors like Brains said) but I definately am also missing the T-fitting and lines to connect to the main nitrous feed line and it also appears I'm missing a WOT switch in any of the packaging as well. So, if it's any consolation looks like you're not the only one that's missing stuff. Guess I'll be making a call on Monday as well ....
Old 10-19-2003, 12:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Here's links to the pages:

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4

Who needs a digital scanner when you have a digital camera
Old 10-19-2003, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Brian.

I looked in the weathertight packing and I found the plugs for the rear of the rails but I am definately missing everything else.

Mike
Old 10-19-2003, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Brian.

I looked in the weathertight packing and I found the plugs for the rear of the rails but I am definately missing everything else.

Mike
Mike

I'm just curious, but where was the WOT switch packaged with your kit? I just want to make sure I didn't overlook it but I'm pretty sure I don't have one.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

It was in the package with one of the fuel rails. It is a green square with a long metal switch on it. It looks like a relay and says NO, NC and Com on the side
Old 10-19-2003, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

It was in the package with one of the fuel rails. It is a green square with a long metal switch on it. It looks like a relay and says NO, NC and Com on the side
Yep...... I definately don't have anything like that. Oh well, I guess I'll be making some calls tomorrow. I'm just curious also but who did you order your kit from? And are you going to call NX direct or are you going to call the sponsor you purchased the kit from? I'm not sure who would be the best to call for something like this.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Always call your vendor first, so they'll at least be aware of the situation even if they recommend you call the manufacturer yourself.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Always call your vendor first, so they'll at least be aware of the situation even if they recommend you call the manufacturer yourself.
Thanks Brian, that's what I was planning on doing..... hopefully I can get these remaining parts quick so I can get this thing out on the road sometime soon.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

No doubt. I have the car completely off the road until this gets done. I cant mount the injector rail until I get the hardware and I am not putting the old rail back in.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

NX wont next day ship the stuff unless I pay for it so I will probably end up having the car off the road at least until this weekend.

That is pretty shitty of NX if you ask me they make a mistake and not send me all the parts but then they cant make it right by sending me the stuff next day. **** it probably only wieghs 8oz so it wouldnt even cost that much.

Mike
Old 10-21-2003, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for posting the instructions man i didnt get anything but the generic instructions either
Old 11-02-2003, 06:33 PM
Restricted User

ttt, the page 4 diagram is too neeed.