Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Express is TERRIBLE!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Nitrous Express is TERRIBLE!!

Here is my experience:
I ordered a LS1 NXL kit from a sponsor and the sponsor did a great job of getting it out the door to me and the product looks great. I start to install the kit and notice I am missing some key things to finish the install. Mainly the mounting screw for the NXL rail, the Y connection to go to the rails and the short lines that go from the Y to the rails.

I call the sponsor on Monday morning and he explains that a lot of the kits were missing pieces and that he would call NX and have them send the missing stuff out that same day.

Well now its friday and I still havent gotten my missing pieces so I call directly to NX to get some information and see what they will do to fix their mistake. Here is the phone conversation with the NX rep. named Josh.

Me- Hey I ordered a LS1 NXL kit from (sponsor) and it arrived missing a bunch of parts. I was told by the sponsor that the parts would be shipped out can you let me know what is going on with them?

Josh(NX)- Well let me look it up (5 minutes later)... I cant find your name on the UPS log what day was it again

Me- Monday the 20th.

Josh(nx)- nope I dont see anything but one of our guys here got sick so things have been crazy.

Me- Well sorry that the guy got sick but can you tell me where my stuff is?

Josh(NX)- Well if it isnt in the UPS log then it must have gone out USPS.

Me- USPS?? Are you kidding me? So you have no idea where my stuff is or even if it shipped.

Josh(NX)- Nope and you know the USPS who knows when it will get there.

Me- Are you serious? Who knows when it will get here?? Why didnt you just send it UPS?

Josh(NX)- Cause you didnt pay for it.

Me- I didnt pay for it?? What about that $1150 that I paid?? So you are telling me that because your company screwed up and didnt ship me all the parts that I paid for I have to pay for you to ship them to me now??

Josh(NX)- Yes the extra weight could have cost more shipping and you didnt pay for that.

Me- Dude are you being serious? You are telling me that a multi-million dollar a year company made a mistake and now I have to pay for that mistake for a second week because you didnt want to fork out the extra $3 bucks to send me the parts??

Josh(NX)- Yep, you didnt pay for it so why should we.

Me- This isnt a joke is it?

Josh(NX)- Nope I am serious. It was PROBABLY sent out monday and it is being sent USPS so to Maryland it could take......(long pause like he has a clue)...... it could take a few more days.

Me- So you dont even know for sure if it went out at all?

Josh(NX)- No like I said a guy here got sick so it has been crazy around here.

Me- So is there anything you can do to make this thing right and get me my stuff here?

Josh(NX)- Nope its on its way already and we wont pay to next day it anyway unless you pay for it.

Me- I gotta tell you this is the worst customer service I have ever seen. It is embarrassing.

Josh(NX)- Sorry there is nothing we can do.

Me- This is like talking to a brick wall goodbye.

Now keep in mind in the last week to week and a half I have shelled out $1500 for various NX stuff. They flat out told me they wont shell out $3 bucks to fix their screw up.

I did call the sponsor back and he was pissed off that NX had done that stuff but unfortunately it was late in the day and everyone was heading home for the weekend so he couldnt call. He was willing to Next day saturday deliever the part but he didnt have them so he couldnt. I am still very happy with the sponsor but I HATE NITROUS EXPRESS.

I can tell you this much, I will NEVER buy a nitrous express product again even if it is a simple adapter. I would buy again from teh sponsor in a heartbeat but not from NX.

I would suggest for anyone out there to think about this kind of thing before doing business with a company like that cause if they do it to me they will do it to you.

Now I have writers cramp
Mike
Old 10-24-2003, 05:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Assuming you did not leave out any details, I would say the response from the sales person aka Josh was ghey.

You already paid for the kit in full, they screwed up, they need to make it right. Forward this thread to Brian over there and see what he thinks. I think his name is Brian Havins, I don't know how their email works.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nx has done that in the past a few times.

... however, once they see the threads on this board, somehow the parts are next day aired to the buyer, and some extra t-shirts seem to come along with the shipment.

Hopefully the same will happen this time.

and talk to somebody else, i had my dealer call about my nxl kit, and i believe he talked to josh as well, said "i don't know, we're waiting on parts" .. and my kit was shipped 2 days before...

Ryan.

Last edited by slow; 10-24-2003 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

umm, i can tell you that the tech's e-mail is: Josh@nitrousexpress.com

if that makes things any easier. why not get about 800 people from the board to send the guy e-mails explaining how gay this is. i've never had anything like this happen and have a major manufacturer screw me like what you just explained. the simple conversation starter would be as follows.

ring.... ring...

NX employee: hello, nitrous express

Me: Hi, let me talk to your supervisor...

NX employee: ok sir, one moment please.

NX super: hello Sir this is sam jones, NX devisional supervisor. how can i help you?

get the hint?
Old 10-24-2003, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always had good service from them.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:39 PM
Fiery Features Director

I am sorry you had such a bad experience with Nitrous Express. I realize they are extremely busy right now because I am certain you are not the only one missing those items. Everyone makes mistakes and I know they are trying hard to get things straight. I don't know Josh very well but I would suggest talking to Ricky if you have problems in the future. Just be patient.. your parts will show up. I am sure they are just as frustrated with this whole situation as you are. Anyways, Ricky has always bent over backwards to help me out and answer any questions.. maybe he can help you out more if you don't get your parts soon. Just make sure you keep a cool head and let him know your situation.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I am sure that Josh is just doing what he is told.

But sending missing parts via USPS is lame.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

yes, usps, especially if not priority, is not what to send stuff for a business.

I ship stuff i sell usps, priority. But only due to the fast service.

Non priority is not an option for a business, especially on missing parts.

Express is what they should have done.

Ryan.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

yes, usps, especially if not priority, is not what to send stuff for a business.

I ship stuff i sell usps, priority. But only due to the fast service, and i work there.

Non priority is not an option for a business, especially on missing parts.

Express is what they should have done.

Ryan.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I understand people are busy and there are a lot of people that got stuff wrong in their kits. I have said all along and even to the sponsor that I dont care so much that the parts were missing originally, **** happens, but if you make a mistake you should make up for and not tell me it was sent USPS and you dont know when it will get here.

That is the worst part. They have the parts in stock so that isnt the issue.

In my opinion they should have said Mike we are sorry for the screw up we will send those out right now with a priority saturday delivery and again we apologize.

Then I would have been on here praising NX and their great customer service but nope those decided to send my stuff through the united states postal service regular delievery so here we are just to save $10 bucks.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and as far as talking to the manager it was towards the end of the day and Josh said that his 2 bosses were gone for the day.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Funny how somethings never change with NX. Just make sure to inspect all of the parts for complete machining and assembly quality.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your problems are just starting. I got mine installed and when we dynoed it, it made only 134 hp with their 180 hp jetting. I lost 10 hp over my MAF kit jetted at 150 hp. That really sucks!
Old 10-25-2003, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gold Z
Your problems are just starting. I got mine installed and when we dynoed it, it made only 134 hp with their 180 hp jetting. I lost 10 hp over my MAF kit jetted at 150 hp. That really sucks!
OMG. I hope that your problem is with tuning or your setup somehow Gold Z. I'm pretty much in the same boat as LS1RX7 with almost the same missing parts in the kit (I was told they would be drop shipped from NX - heh yeah right!)

After reading LS1RX7's thread here and your results lets just say I'm not real happy right now.

I'm really hoping at this point some more people will be getting their kits installed and we'll see results that are more inline with what this kit SHOULD produce.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:42 PM
FormerVendor

Goodluck on making power with this kit. If I were going NX, my money would be on the maf kit. I dont like the whole injector ordeal.

Goodluck getting your parts, I know its frustrating. When I had my TNT DP installed I was missing several key parts as well. I called James at TNT and explained the situation to him. Well, I had my parts the following morning at 9am. TNT has my business!!!! That NX rep may be "just doin what hes told" but anyone can get off their *** and make an effort if they want to. This guy just doesnt give a ****.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:02 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

That's bullshit. If a company has crap customer service, I will simply not buy from them ever again. Or if I hear bad stories, I will not go to them when/if I need something.
Several places where I live I don't ever go to again...it's starting to get hard to buy parts for my ride since I've filtered out all the **** customer service places...

As Vents said, I will help you out and complain about the bad customer service...
I take customer service VERY seriously, I guess I learned that from my dad...and most companies don't think it matters...my guess is because people just either expect it, or just put up with it...so they keep buying.
The customers keep them in business...it should be their top priority to keep the customer happy.

Rant off...now I'm all pissed and worked up....
Old 10-26-2003, 04:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zangel
I am sorry you had such a bad experience with Nitrous Express. I realize they are extremely busy right now because I am certain you are not the only one missing those items. Everyone makes mistakes and I know they are trying hard to get things straight. I don't know Josh very well but I would suggest talking to Ricky if you have problems in the future. Just be patient.. your parts will show up. I am sure they are just as frustrated with this whole situation as you are. Anyways, Ricky has always bent over backwards to help me out and answer any questions.. maybe he can help you out more if you don't get your parts soon. Just make sure you keep a cool head and let him know your situation.
you gotta be kidding me!!!!
did you read the same post i did???
not only did the guy totally blow him off...
he did not care in the slightest that his company screwed this guy...
why in the hell should he be patiant??? he doesn't even know that its been shipped!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 04:31 AM
11 Second Club

nx dont make this right they have lost this customer forever
Old 10-27-2003, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

ttt just for the new week that has started without my parts.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
ttt just for the new week that has started without my parts.
Welp, atleast you're not alone. I don't have my parts either.