Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FPSS? and surging problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FPSS? and surging problem

I've developed a surging problem with my TNT wet kit with the 100shot. I have a bottle warmer, MSD window switch, no major bends in the lines,and running 94 an 100octane. I can feel the nitrous coming in and out slowly through the RPM range. I usually have over a 1000psi before i hit it. Though i shouldn't have a problem hitting it at 900psi and above and I hit it at 950psi last nite. Well my question is can i just take the wire off the one side of the FPSS and put it on the same side as the other to basically bypass it so it has constant current and see if thats my problem? If that doesn't fix it then I'm going to take out the nitrous filter once. This is all with a FULL bottle. I thought air in the other bottle may have caused the problem. Guess not cause its still doing it. Last i checked i was dropping no lower then 54psi with my little 100shot. I did notice a small leak on the block in the nitrous line that goes to the purge and nitrous noid. Not a big leak just enough if you put your ear up to it you could hear it and feel it slightly. Wasn't freezing over or anything. Could that have caused it? Thanks for any and all replies!
Old 10-27-2003, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes you can bypass the FPSS and it will work just like you said. I would fix that leak though before doing anything else and see if that fixes it. Sucking in air or losing some pressure may be the casue of it.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try it when it stops FN raining like wednesday. I see your board name and you're from MD. Do you have a 93RX7 with a LS1 motor in it???? If so email me some pics of it at ecurb@blazenet.net and maybe we can hook up sometime in MD or up here.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes I do have a 93 RX7 with a LS1 in it.

THis rain does suck. rear wheel drive in a 2700lb car in the rain isnt fun!!
Old 10-31-2003, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

SO wheres the pic of the RX???

ANyone have a idea on how to check the voltage to the noids somehow when hitting the nitrous???
Old 10-31-2003, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you auto tap a run w/n2o and surging?, did you fix the leak?, it may be leaking after the n2o also and you wouldnt know untill its opened!, check what your plugs look like also!
Old 10-31-2003, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can test the noids in your driveway, unhook the line and test it. Check your plugs, and which plug are you running?
Old 10-31-2003, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

What are your plugs gapped at? If they are gapped too big the car will not mph and will feel like it is surging.

Dave
Old 10-31-2003, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK I have TR6 plugs gapped at .35 and haven't got to check the plugs yet. Haven't ATAPed either do to the computer that i atap with took a poo. I never heard of the gap having such an effect on MPh thats very interesting. Gonna have to experiment with that then i guess. Got any hard info on that one Dave?? Thanks for the replies guys keep it coming!!
Old 10-31-2003, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zturd
OK I have TR6 plugs gapped at .35 and haven't got to check the plugs yet. Haven't ATAPed either do to the computer that i atap with took a poo. I never heard of the gap having such an effect on MPh thats very interesting. Gonna have to experiment with that then i guess. Got any hard info on that one Dave?? Thanks for the replies guys keep it coming!!
Just personal experience. A couple of years ago with my first nitrous kit, I had a similiar problem to yours. My plugs were originally gapped at .045 (my ignorance), I changed it to approximately .035 and my car stopped surging and picked up 3-4 mph.

Good luck sorting out your problems, how old is your FPSS? They were (are?) notorious for going bad.

Dave
Old 11-01-2003, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've bypassed my FPSS by taking the one wire and putting it on the same side as the other hence not going through the FPSS to make contact so shouldn't be that since it did it after I bypassed it. Next is the new plugs, wires, full throttle switch replacement. Then rip it all off and cry!!!!!!!!