Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Instruction NXL help---Quick Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Instruction NXL help---Quick Please

Ok, no instruction but everything seems like a noshitter.

1- Can the lines, and injectors be pre-run?
I have a set of 28.8# inj. that I am installing with the NXL, so thuoght was to go ahead, plug them into the NXL's and the rails, just like the factory rail can be removed/installed with inj in it. Is this doable?

2- Anyone have the fuel crossover in the rear? I want to put mine in the rear so I can tap off the rails easier when I get a FP Gauge and FPSS (if I get one) and put them up front. Beside the crossover is unsightly.

3- Thats all I can think of now. I am waiting for the car to cool off before I dig in. I am going to attempt to keep the wet kit installed so I can do back to back dyno's next week. Then pull it off, that way the weather will be so damn clase to the exact same it wont be funny!

Thanks, guys....going to find post by Brains for install instructions.

Charlie.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Restricted User

Found Brains copied instructions-thanks for the legwork guys. Yep, can install inj onto nozzles and rails and replace as a unit. And the wiring, well I wuld have done it so one connector went to one rail, but I see the right way now. Thanks again.

Charlie.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CAT3
Ok, no instruction but everything seems like a noshitter.

1- Can the lines, and injectors be pre-run?
I have a set of 28.8# inj. that I am installing with the NXL, so thuoght was to go ahead, plug them into the NXL's and the rails, just like the factory rail can be removed/installed with inj in it. Is this doable?

2- Anyone have the fuel crossover in the rear? I want to put mine in the rear so I can tap off the rails easier when I get a FP Gauge and FPSS (if I get one) and put them up front. Beside the crossover is unsightly.

3- Thats all I can think of now. I am waiting for the car to cool off before I dig in. I am going to attempt to keep the wet kit installed so I can do back to back dyno's next week. Then pull it off, that way the weather will be so damn clase to the exact same it wont be funny!

Thanks, guys....going to find post by Brains for install instructions.

Charlie.
1 - nope shouldn't be a problem.

2 - Not sure about that one. I'm installing mine as-is with the crossover in the front. I suppose you could put it in the rear, but I haven't heard of anyone doing that yet.

Some extra tips - The O-rings are a tight fit into the NXL rails, so just be prepared to do some working to get them to pop in. Also, the the injectors are somewhat of a tight fit going into the Nozzle fittings also, so I pre-installed them onto the injectors before I put everything into the intake - seemed to work out pretty well.

Also, the new rails are longer than the stockers so if you still have that metal plate mounted to the drivers side rear of the intake that the stock rail rested against you won't be able to mount the NXL rail. I actually covered up the motor with towels and I dremeled it off because the only way to get it off would be to pull the intake manifold bolts out and they don't clear the cowl in the back.
I was suprised there was no mention of that in the instructions....
Old 11-02-2003, 02:24 PM
Restricted User

Holy **** thanks. Saved from beating the car to death if I would have gotten stuck on that one.

1-am in swapping fuel crossover as i type

2-just finished pre-wiring the solenoids, one is all terminated & waiting to be plugged into the weather packs, the other is finsihed.

3-almost put some fitting locktite on the fuel crossover fittings, then seen o ring-*wiping sweat*

Thanks, I'll be back in here I imagine.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:12 PM
Restricted User

OMG, to say that the inj install is tight is a BIG Understatement. I was like no way in hell these fit, but the small flat tip, some lube and patients now they are on.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Restricted User

Started about an hour ago, alone, and its all in. Now I decided to remove the old wet kit. Thanks to JF WS6, Brains, Bad Habit Bird, Bode, Wifey, Dave (Nitrous Outlet-you are THE Nitrous sponsor).

Charlie.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damnit now I have to fly back up there to see your car run, lol, j/k, btw, did you see the new lca's for sale for $50 in the parts section?
Old 11-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Restricted User

Nah, I ordered already the ones in sponsor section under Madmans LCA, should be here Mon/Tues. Now I need new tires, was saving my ET Drags for race, but they ripped up last night when testing the new front drag shocks.