Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much does weather affect N20 cars?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much does weather affect N20 cars?

We all know that Turbo/Supercharged cars run dramitically better in the colder weather, right? right. What about a NA car. Does it run dramitically better are just a bit better? Heres the actual question I'm after, What about a NA car with Nitrous? Does it matter what time of the year you run it "AS MUCH" as it matters to a FI car?

Example....Lets say a FI car will run 12:5 in the summer and 11:7 in winter w/same setup

Will a NA w/N20 that runs a 12:5 in the summer also run a 11:7 in the winter?
Old 05-14-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think all cars are affected by temp and will run better in cooler weather but density air is more precise way to see what effects total weather have. High temps and high humidty are big factors but altitude or bar pressure is also a big factor expecailly with NA cars. Nitrous pretty much bring their own altitude along so pretty sure 100 shot is 100 shot no matter what weather.Na car can lose a lot at altitude and heat and humidty hurt more still. Fi can compensate for altitude ,one reason planes used supers and turbos.
Hot weather hurts turbos and supers and good intercooler helps as does alc/meth injection .
Nitrous can also be used very successfully with turbos and supers and supercools things off and its combined effect with super or turbo is normally higher than the shot would indicate. So a 100 shot might act more like a 150 shot on turbo or super engine.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bigger the shot the less the ambient air temp means for HP.Im my opinion track temp (tires)means more. If its hot it makes other things worse like getting the car cooled down between rounds