Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapping bottle valves???

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping bottle valves???

OK, so im trying to swap out my current bottle valve on my HSW bottle because it only has one gauge port (I want to connect my heater switch to direct bottle pressure, so I need two gauge ports.) I just bought a bottle valve from nitrous outlet that has two gauge ports. How does the old one come off? Do I need to heat the neck of the bottle, because this bitch is really on there, and also, (I know I should have checked first) but does anyone know if this new valve will fit my HSW bottle? I see that my current bottle nut doesnt fit so I already screwed myself there and Im now wondering if this new one will even fit once I get the old one off. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

I took mine off with a wrench on the valve, layed the bottle on some carpet and held it with my foot, then a good wack with a dead blow or rubber mallet. Valve came loose no problem.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

so yeah, finally got it off, and damn, whenthey put that bottle together, I think they had one goal in mind and that was to make sure that valve wasnt going to come off on its own. I had a really long 32mm wrench that fit nicely, and my buddy held the bottle tightly on the ground while I smacked the **** out of wrench with a hammer. It finally cam off and the new one screwed right on. Just ordered my new bottle nut and nipple so hopefully Ill be good to go soon