Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Timing Control

I just added a HSW kit to my 99 TA and since it is an a4 car I will be adding a window switch setup of some type. What are you guys doing for timing retard? I do not want to run around with timing pulled on the change I might spray it. I would prefer to have a "box" to pull a few degrees out when needed. I would really love a unit the will timing, ramp up the % sprayed and act as a window switch, but I will not hold my breath for an all-in-one. lol

Thanks
Old 06-02-2009, 09:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Nitrous controller, timing control and window switch

I don't know of anything that will do timing retard and nitrous flow control in a single device for the LS based engines.

We offer a box that does the timing control (LNC-002) and we offer a window switch (RPM-002). We also offer a MPH switch (STOV-001) that can be used to enable nitrous (or just about anything else) based on vehicle speed.

The Timing Tuner from Full Throttle Speed also offers timing control and has nitrous enable control (aka window switch) and activation delay controls.

The Harris Speed Works (HSW) nitrous controller (MicroEdge) that you probably already have has a window switch and TPS switch function built in but it doesn't do timing retard. Edelbrock makes a nice progressive nitrous controller (PN 71900 I think) but it also won't do the timing retard portion.

You can also create programs in HPTuners and EFILive to retard timing when the nitrous is triggered.

Originally Posted by Racer383
I just added a HSW kit to my 99 TA and since it is an a4 car I will be adding a window switch setup of some type. What are you guys doing for timing retard? I do not want to run around with timing pulled on the change I might spray it. I would prefer to have a "box" to pull a few degrees out when needed. I would really love a unit the will timing, ramp up the % sprayed and act as a window switch, but I will not hold my breath for an all-in-one. lol

Thanks

Last edited by Jason Haines @ LPE; 06-02-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: correction/addition
Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would suggest using our dual stage digital windowswitch with built in tps activation and traction controll. Its only 110.00

Then using the lingerfelter controller. I have installed quite a few of them and love them.. I have also installed the full throttle and it is nice as well and has the windowswitch all in one. WE stock all of these.
Dave
Old 06-02-2009, 11:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Racer383

Thanks
Shoot me a PM when you get a chance...I might have something right up your alley.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Thank you for the replies. THere is some great info there. I will look at each part listed and see if I can narrow my choices down a bit.

Thanks again for your time.

Quick Reply: Timing Control