Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet Kit ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet Kit ?'s

Hey guys pickin up my Wet Kit tomarow. Full 15lb NOS Bottle, solenoids/lines etc etc. I will only be running a 75 shot but im curious to know if this will be dangerous with the stock tune/3800 stall? It will be tuned VERY soon after the install and maybe sprayed once or twice before tune. I dont have a window switch or gauge or bottle heater yet and i know these are important but can i ask why? I know why the heater is but i would just like you to elaborate further. Thanks... btw new to nitrous lol
Old 06-05-2009, 03:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't spray any size shot until you can verify your a/f ratio on a wideband or dyno.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The window switch lets you set a window of RPM that the nitrous is allowed to activate within. As well they usually let you tie into the TPS sensor for a WOT signal.
A pressure gauge will let you know when your getting low on nitrous. If you tune the nitrous to 1000psi bottle pressure and you drop to 900, 800 and so on, your tune will be getting richer the lower your bottle pressure gets.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Even on a 75 shot, wait to get the car on the dyno or another form of verifying your A/F ratio. Especially when first setting up a kit, you want to identify problems quickly.

Bottle contents should be based off of bottle weight, not bottle pressure.

the bottle heater will help maintain a consistent bottle pressure. Certain kits are jetted for a certain bottle pressure. To maintain a consisent tune, you want that bottle pressure to remain consistent as well.

A window switch will activate and deactivate your kit within a certain RPM range. Thats the basic function of a window switch. One like our Microedge controller adds several other features like A/F shutoff.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

I am assuming since you have an nos bottle the kit is nos as well, which means that
75 shot is at the flywheel.
I wouldn't do it but lots of folks here spray 100 shots and up w/o any issue whatsoever w/o checking the a/f ratio.
With my kit I actually played it ultra safe and started w 55 jets, pulled plugs/ checked with a magnifying glass, then went with the 75 shot.
Just recently had the a/f ratio checked when I had my cam tuned and my a/f was like a 11.4 for the full pull.
Long story short, change your fuel filter/plugs and do a run.
Shut down and pull those plugs.
If there isn't any sign of running hot, you should be just fine.