Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solenoids pulsing when armed...(I searched)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Solenoids pulsing when armed...(I searched)

Pretty much like it says. I have a Dyno tune wet kit with their big noid upgrade, Dynotune TPS activation switch and a Timing tuner. Problem is there wasn't a wiring diagram online for this exact combo, but i did find one for the NX TPS (different color wiring and quantity) so it wasn't entirely helpful. When I arm my system, the noids pulse and the Timing Tuner flashes the red LED in Sync with the pulsing, so I'm thinking grounds are good. Timing Tuner also flashes Red/Green upon power up indicating my wiring isn't good on the n20 side of things. Prolly the easiest thing to do is have a wiring diagram drawn up so I can compare. Thanks in advance.
~Austin
Old 06-04-2009, 11:58 PM
10 Second Club

Is it this one?

Old 06-04-2009, 11:59 PM
10 Second Club

If thats not ecaxtly it, try here.

http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewga...php?carid=3821
Old 06-05-2009, 06:25 AM
TECH Regular

This is the one I used.

It's exactly my set up with the only exception of the NX brand TPS switch. Mine is a Dynotune TPS. There are different color wires and there are more wires on the Dynotune TPS.

Blue = TPS (pin 24 on pcm)
Red = Arming switch
Red/white = sends 12 volts upon activation
black = ground (constant)
black/white = sends ground upon activation

Last edited by Austin Auflick; 06-05-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is pictured in their instructions on their website
Directions only call for 5 wires.
black:ground
red:arming sw.
blue:TPS
red/white:12V when TPS activated to turn on relay
black/white:ground when TPS activated
The Timing Tuner will go in between the two circled connectors. white to white and grey to black/white.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-05-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Grant: You are my savior. I'll take a look right when I get home. 'Bout 2 hours I'll have an update for you guys. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this works for you...glad to be of some help.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for your help Grant. No dice though. I'm thinking the Dynotune TPS is not compatible with the timing tuner. Been hackin' at this all day.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

Tap the white wire from the TT to the arming switch... and the grey to pin 85. It will work, its going to be hard to see if your TT is acutlly working if you have hooked up to the WOT side of the WS (i think thats what is causing your issue), unless your under the hood at WOT to watch. So, why not hook it up to the activation switch so you can see the LEDS do one bling like it suppose to.. You dont drive around with the arming switch on unless your going to use it shortly after right?

So, according to the diagram Grant posted, just tap the white white from the TT to the red wire coming out of your WS. That should work.

FYI, I have Nitro Daves WS hooked up in along with the timing Tuner.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for all your help guys. Truely awesome. I would do it like you say waterbug, but I think my timing tuner is broken or something. Even with both grey and white wires not connected to anything it flashes red/green until I move an advancement setting or something while the engine's running. We'll see i guess. I'll keep this thread updated. ****!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Austin Auflick
Thanks for all your help guys. Truely awesome. I would do it like you say waterbug, but I think my timing tuner is broken or something. Even with both grey and white wires not connected to anything it flashes red/green until I move an advancement setting or something while the engine's running. We'll see i guess. I'll keep this thread updated. ****!

I had alot of issues with mine at 1st too... I talked with Ray at ND's and he helped me thru it. At one point none of the schematics worked so we had to talk to people at full throttle (the people that make the TT) to get it straightened out.

Maybe you can try and get ahold of full throttle and see if they can help ya. I do remember my noids pulsating and the LEDS switching back and forth at one point, I just dont remember what I did, its been two years now.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

Alright, so you don't think i broke it then? To me it just seems pretty easy to wire it up and it doesn't seem to be taking. From what I gathered, the TT wants a 12v signal to the white wire(Arming and WOT switches closed should do this), then the grey wire will send a ground to the relay (pin 85) upon satisfying the RPM requirement and augmenting the timing settings. does this sound right?
Old 06-06-2009, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Thats all it is.. the other side of the TT just plugs into the crank sensor down by the starter. Thats why I hooked the white up to the 12 volt arming switch.

Have you sprayed with the way it is before the addition of the TT? Im starting to think you have the noids (or something else) hooked up wrong. The TT doesnt control noid activation, just retard the timing on the motor.

Last edited by waterbug1999; 06-06-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah the TT's timing functions work correctly, so that's all hooked up good in the crank sensor. I have yet to spray with this car's setup. And from what I understand, the TT is supposed to send a ground to the relay to make the relay pop, right? In turn, that would activate the solenoids (kinda like a window switch). If this is not what it does, then they need to clarify what it's window switch function does exactly. I don't know how it would be possible to be a window switch with out activating the noids.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:41 PM
10 Second Club

Uggg.. its been so long since I messed with it. I just have mine soley for pulling timing, I had the nitro daves WS in and use that for everything, then wanted to run full timing NA and pull timing when spraying so I added the timing tuner to pull timing only..

Im sure you checked over everyting 3 or 4 times. I would call Full Throtttle and see what they hav to say.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

Roger that. Thanks for all your help Waterbug.