Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heres whats keeping me bussy right now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:56 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Heres whats keeping me bussy right now!!!

I have not touched my car since last season, between getting warn out a bit, and this **** hole economy i just have not built up the want, to get her done. and besides that, im having a ball with my new toy. she has no spray, she isnt crazy but fun as hell. its full weekends of party, drink have a great time, not 8 seconds of spending $$$$$.

anyway here is what is keeping me in a good mood.

heres the power plant and as you can see the storage area. very stern port side you can see my 10 gall fresh water for my weekend trips.

i think this winter i will be doing a tune and a set of manifolds. see if i can get 1-2 mph out of her.

then here is a few of the system in there.

its a new Alpine unit with usb and ipod. i have one remote on the drivers side (silver thing above the trim tab pannle. and i have one on the rear port corner for when we are on the beach etc.
rest of the system is a 600 watt Alpine amp powering 4- 7.5" alpine coaxle speakers, the deck powers the 2 alpine 6.5" coaxle speakers next to the sub and a 2nd alpine 600 watt amp powers the 15" Rockford sub.
the amps are in the little glove box/storage thing next to the deck. they are stackables and the first one is mounted to the inside wall. its pretty slick

Old 06-08-2009, 06:58 PM
8 second mod

ps, i will get the car back up, just not sure when. might be this season, if not next for sure. i will run it spring and fall and try to keep it fun. looking to run 8.5's on 100 shot and not have to do anything inbetween rounds. i had the car running 9.0's on 100 shot last year with ease, did it over and over. i think with the new heads, new tranny and some minor tweaking, i will get it done, we'll see
Old 06-08-2009, 07:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It almost looks like a Donzi of some sort. Looks like a boat load of fun. LOL!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RsSean
It almost looks like a Donzi of some sort. Looks like a boat load of fun. LOL!
OMG thoes Donzis.........
Old 06-08-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
OMG thoes Donzis.........
How about it, not taking anything away from Noyzees Checkmate which I can't afford, but they are sweet.
Noyzee, maybe once you figure out how much it cost to make a boat faster, you'll be working more on the car again.
PS, I wish I was you, either way.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Banned

I give him a summer before he hooks up the spray
Old 06-09-2009, 08:46 AM
7 Second Club

boats cost more than a racecar my friend.... when the shafts start breaking and the motor takes a beating you'll see...

but they are fun.... cause for some reason girls like to dance topless on them...
Old 06-09-2009, 09:13 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Old 06-09-2009, 09:44 AM
8 second mod

yea, its a checkmate. its a 2003 26 ZT 496 in it.

as for more $$$$ i dont think so. i blew the outdrive last year, cost me $1,000 to fix. insurance is $700 a year, and slip fee is $1200.
other then that its gas and oil changes.

it uses less then 100 gallons every 3 weeks. 100 Gall of 93 is about the same price i spend on 117 to run my car for a day.
i lost a $15,000 motor in one pass a few years back!!!! $200 worth of spray every time i race, $100 to get in and run my class, fuel to tow an hour each way

my car is atleast 2 times the $$$$ this boat cost me.

as for going faster, im good with low 60's for now. keep the boat this year, maybe next. if bussnes turns around i'll get a bigger one with more power, if not i will repower this one with a single 525 and she will run bottom 70's

i got a good 200+ more hours i can run this motor for and not have to worry, i could toast my car motor in one pass and be out 20k. lol

and fun factor as you said, girls, beer party it up etc etc seems to be more enjoyable then 8 seconds in a hot *** fire suit waiting in line etc etc.
like i said, i'll be back, just not right away.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:56 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
yea, its a checkmate. its a 2003 26 ZT 496 in it.

as for more $$$$ i dont think so. i blew the outdrive last year, cost me $1,000 to fix. insurance is $700 a year, and slip fee is $1200.
other then that its gas and oil changes.

it uses less then 100 gallons every 3 weeks. 100 Gall of 93 is about the same price i spend on 117 to run my car for a day.
i lost a $15,000 motor in one pass a few years back!!!! $200 worth of spray every time i race, $100 to get in and run my class, fuel to tow an hour each way

my car is atleast 2 times the $$$$ this boat cost me.

as for going faster, im good with low 60's for now. keep the boat this year, maybe next. if bussnes turns around i'll get a bigger one with more power, if not i will repower this one with a single 525 and she will run bottom 70's

i got a good 200+ more hours i can run this motor for and not have to worry, i could toast my car motor in one pass and be out 20k. lol

and fun factor as you said, girls, beer party it up etc etc seems to be more enjoyable then 8 seconds in a hot *** fire suit waiting in line etc etc.
like i said, i'll be back, just not right away.

I think the car is cheaper....

I have no clue how you're keeping the boat moving for 3 weekends on 1 fill up. My boat takes around 80 gallons, and that is gone in 2 afternoons. Unless you're just sitting on a sandbar somewhere drinking, you should be using MUCH more gas. When I'm out it's generally non-stop tubing/wakeboarding, top speed runs.

Gas is $6 at my marina, so $480 to fill up, $5k for marina access, $1200 to store it the rest of the year, insurance is around $1000, various other toys such as tubes, wake boards, life preservers, blah blah blah, I could have an 8 second LSx car for what I spend on my boat in a season.

What I'm trying to say is that boat ownership is fantastic. Everyone should have a boat, coincidentally, I'm selling mine. Anyone want a 2001 Chris Craft Launch 22? Does 57mph on gps w/ a 7 year old prop and the bimini top up!
Old 06-09-2009, 12:20 PM
10 Second Club

I think you should sell me the Z since you don't have time for it.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:52 PM
8 second mod

Bird, you get screwed. i pay 100 per foot to keep my boat, then i get a river discount because i leased the slip for 99 years so i pay half the river fee.

fuel here is $3.00 for 93 oct.
i go out rip around a few hours, cruz out to the beach and spend the night. drink mad beers and float around like a frog. no room for wake boards, tubes etc, i bring cloths, beer, blankets etc. i meet up with between 1 and 50 other boats and have a great time.
i hold 100 gall it will last 2 weeks if i use the boat every day after work for quick blasts.

and yes, the boat cost allot more then my bolt on z06, but compaired to my racecar. not even close. like i said, i need 2 things to get my motor back together. i need a set of rods and a set of heads.
the $$$$ for those two things will pay for every drop of fuel i need to run my boat the hole season!!!!!

($4200 is aprox cost for those 2 parts)
Old 06-09-2009, 02:53 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by NXZ28
I think you should sell me the Z since you don't have time for it.
not for sale. sorry. unless the price is right
Old 06-09-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice boat. If i ever own one a again i will get high & dry storage. What a pain in the *** fighting the boat ramp around here.

on your 1/2 fee for leasing for 99 years what happens when you break the lease? can you sell it to someone else?
Old 06-10-2009, 04:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool. yea the boats are fun, but for me I got burned out on them a few years back, and well i built them for a living too, lol. I also bought a side toy that has kept me from racing so far this year, but car will be at the track in about to weeks. i will show my new toy in another thread later. Have fun and don't drink too much. when i was younger, me and my brother drank a fith of hard booze and went boating in my 65mph ski boat. well to make a long story short, I hit the side of a cabin crusier and totaled my boat and went to jail, and some went to the hospital, so be careful. This was out in Commencement bay in Tacoma and made the paper, lol.
Robert
Old 06-10-2009, 07:30 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by nuckifuts
nice boat. If i ever own one a again i will get high & dry storage. What a pain in the *** fighting the boat ramp around here.

on your 1/2 fee for leasing for 99 years what happens when you break the lease? can you sell it to someone else?
i put my boat in for 3-4 weeks at a time. pull it out, clean the bottom, wax the hull and put it back in. its pretty easy.

as for the slip, i pay every year for it no matter what, however i can rent it out to anyone i want if im not using it, or i can give it to the marina to rent for me.
if i rent it out i have to charge near full price. the marina says on rentals they get 15% so my total bill would be 65% of the going river rate. i could rent it for any amount, thats just brake even.

robert. usually when i drink to much, i try to sleep out there. try to be safe as i can.
what boats did you build? wasnt it big boats?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
not for sale. sorry. unless the price is right

I have two LS cars and a Kidney I would be willing to trade
Old 06-10-2009, 08:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Grant@NitroDaves
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who could only think of this the second he seen it was a boat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU
Old 06-10-2009, 10:04 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by NXZ28
I have two LS cars and a Kidney I would be willing to trade
haha, my kidney is pretty good, but i drink allot, guessing i'll need a liver soon, let me know. lol
Old 06-10-2009, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nuckifuts

My marina calls it "In & Out" service. Basically, they are a boat valet. Call the marina, let them know I'm on my way, and they usually have the boat in the water under an hour. It's very nice to not have to screw around at the public launch for an hour, or have to drag the boat and trailer all over God's green earth.