Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

setting up a dry shot

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default setting up a dry shot

This is a continuation of some troubleshooting I have had to do.. I now have a wideband in the car. I also have the HSW interface and microedge.. The nos sprays out and sometimes it hits and other times you barely feel it. When i feel it the a/f is around 11.0-11.5.. When its more rich I feel less, but...

I have fogger spraying about 8-10 inches before the MAF. Do I need the interface if the MAF is adding the fuel? Am I adding to much fuel by setting the interface to a 100 shot and spraying before the MAF?

For those who use the interface with a dry system... I have set the interface to a 50 shot and used the 100 pill an it hits great in 2nd gear. Then I shift to third and it gets really rich and I feel nothing. Can I set the interface to 0 and just use it to retard a little timing?

Is the interface bugging out spraying through the MAF?

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:14 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by viciousz06
This is a continuation of some troubleshooting I have had to do.. I now have a wideband in the car. I also have the HSW interface and microedge.. The nos sprays out and sometimes it hits and other times you barely feel it. When i feel it the a/f is around 11.0-11.5.. When its more rich I feel less, but...

I have fogger spraying about 8-10 inches before the MAF. Do I need the interface if the MAF is adding the fuel? Am I adding to much fuel by setting the interface to a 100 shot and spraying before the MAF?

For those who use the interface with a dry system... I have set the interface to a 50 shot and used the 100 pill an it hits great in 2nd gear. Then I shift to third and it gets really rich and I feel nothing. Can I set the interface to 0 and just use it to retard a little timing?

Is the interface bugging out spraying through the MAF?

Thanks.
William,

If you're spraying the nitrous pre-maf, you should not be setting the Interface for the same shot size. You're just commanding the ecm to dump fuel and you're essentially adding double. I believe Matt discussed this with you in your support ticket? I would suggest moving the nozzle post maf and set the Interface to a 100 shot. If you would like to keep the current nozzle positioning I would get a wideband in there and slowly keep bumping the HP size on the Interface down until you reach a safe a/f ratio. In the pre maf scenario you're just using the Interface in small increments to "take up the slack" on poor nozzle positioning.

Nick
Old 06-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Thanks Nick. If I understand correctly... If I leave the nozzle where it is( before the MAF) I should set the shot size to zero? I do have a wideband.. Should I just use the interface to pull a little timing??

Thanks.. You guys are my only hope.

Where do you recommend the AF should be on the wideband on a 100-125 hit?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:04 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by viciousz06
Thanks Nick. If I understand correctly... If I leave the nozzle where it is( before the MAF) I should set the shot size to zero? I do have a wideband.. Should I just use the interface to pull a little timing??

Thanks.. You guys are my only hope.

Where do you recommend the AF should be on the wideband on a 100-125 hit?
Well here's the thing...shitty nozzle placement can wreak havoc on your a/f reading. If the maf is only picking up some of the shot, you're going to go way lean if you set the Interface to 0. My suggestion would be to get it on a dyno, make sure you have a full bottle and start with the Interface set to half the shot size. Go up or down from there depending on a/f readings.

Another option would be to play with your nozzle placement...down side is you're going to have an intake that looks like swiss cheese.

Try and target around ~ 11.8:1-12.2:1

Nick
Old 06-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Thanks Nick,
OK I will try nozzle placement variations.. What if its still rich with the interface set at 0. How can I lean it out? Im running 62lb injectors.

I will not have time to try this untill next week.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Nick described, the Interface is used only to fine tune the before the MAF style dry hits. The biggest problem with before MAF dry and tuning with the Interface is the fact that due to air dynamics the a/f ratio can go all over the board, or it may be stable thru the run. But the point is, you need to know how the current nozzle position works. As was suggested, i would go post MAF with your nozzles, or better yet, dump the nozzles and go with the HSW Dry plate. Then you could solely rely on the Interface for all the fueling as well as timing pull. Considering you have a WB installed, you can do all of the tuning your self. Go to the track and run a small size shot and see what the a/f ratio is doing. Hopefully you have a LM1 or 2, or a way to record your a/f ratio thru the run as it's difficult to watch as you are racing. Then proceed from the initial run and adjust as needed. You can add in 5hp increments leaner or richer as needed to get exactly what a/f ratio you desire.
Robert
Old 06-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Launching!

I also have the interface and micoedge and am wondering best way to set up pre maf with out the wideband. I plan on going to a plate but untill I do where shoul I start with the interface settings. I ran the 100 shot pre maf with the interface set for 100 and it hits but i dont really have anything to compare it to.Sorry if I'm