Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous newbie

Current set up on a 2002 SS

Stock Z06 243's
Bolt ons
MS3
racetronics 37lb/hr injectors
Stock fuel pump

I have been contemplating taking the plunge into nitrous. However i dont want to take a plunge sort of speak. I would rather dabble a little first and maybe work my way up in the future once i possibly upgrade the rear end and bottom end of the car down the road. I am considering a dry system as it seems to be the simplest of kits and also the most stealth like at the same time.

Is there a good kit for me that comes with all of the safety crap all in one package. I would like to do this the right way and not take any chances. What all will i need?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-22-2009, 09:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

BTW i have read the sticky and also done some reading about needed accessories.... curious as to who makes a better kit than the other.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

A small dry shot would work great on your car and be a good starter kit for you. We have a single nozzle dry kit (or wet if you change your mind) and our all out accessory package. This does have a purge kit with it, which isnt a 100 percent necessary. But its nice to have if you ever do go to a wet kit. Our kits def. speaking for themselves so i wont wasted any time saying why their the best out there. You will not be dissapointed.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not a fan of dry kits (puts the strain on your injectors, which is fine if your duty cycle is ok, and assumes that your MAF will pick up all the extra oxygen) but any of the big name brand nitrous kits are good quality, zex, nos, nitrous express, etc.

Last edited by 406malibu; 06-22-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:54 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 406malibu
I'm not a fan of dry kits (puts the strain on your injectors, and assumes that your MAF will pick up all the extra oxygen) but any of the big name brand nitrous kits are good quality, zex, nos, nitrous express, etc.
his original post says he has upgraded injectors. Even stock injectors can easily handle a small dry shot. Its really not straining them, its just changing the pulse. Also, youre really not assuming anything. Once properly setup the MAF sensor is going to pic up the additional airflow every single time.

Sorry if it seems like im jumping on you, i've just seen a lot of inaccurate information lately, especially with dry kits and just wanted to clarify a few things.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mike.... with this or any dry kit is it nessesary to have any type of gauges in the cockpit of the car? I am looking and your single nozzle dry kit. It doesnt say that your kit includes a purge like you mentioned above. I am really looking for the stealth look.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
his original post says he has upgraded injectors. Even stock injectors can easily handle a small dry shot. Its really not straining them, its just changing the pulse. Also, youre really not assuming anything. Once properly setup the MAF sensor is going to pic up the additional airflow every single time.

Sorry if it seems like im jumping on you, i've just seen a lot of inaccurate information lately, especially with dry kits and just wanted to clarify a few things.
not a problem, no one is too good to learn something new.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Launching!

i can get you a good deal on a wet kit adam, just let me know, same nx one that i'm running now