Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with nitrous not spraying

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with nitrous not spraying

First off it is a Dyno tune LS1 kit. I have the single stage window switch hooked up to it as well. This system worked fine the few times I used it last year. Was not used at all this past winter and part of the spring. I did take part of it off in installing my headers a few months ago. Since then I hooked it all back up, and went to test it by holding the fuel line out and away and have the window switch engaged to spray fuel to the ground.( I did that last time, don't need the fuel to not work but the nitrous does lol) I checked the solenoids first with the purge, it works it sprays correctly. I then undid the positive wires for the noids and ran them over the + terminal of my battery they both click.
Well everything seemed fine but it will not spray at all. When I have the car on and rev it to the desired window parameters I see the switch is working and reads off that it is functioning, but nothing happens. I know last year I had an issue with the 30 amp relay so I bought a new one and that fixed my issue, now I did that again this year, and it won't work. I have checked the wiring and like I said the solenoids click and when I ran the fuel solenoid + wire on the battery, and was checking the line to the nozzle it was wet from fuel but when trying to set it through the system, nothing happens. Any ideas?
Old 06-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Wtf is the deal with these relays... Anyways, I would eliminate the window switch or maybe see if it still has the settings you need in it?
Old 06-26-2009, 06:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is your window switch in 4 cylinder mode. I found that to be a problem in one system that I installed.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RsSean
is your window switch in 4 cylinder mode. I found that to be a problem in one system that I installed.
It is. But I know that the instructions from dynotune advise doing so, because the of the readout the tach signal from ls1 pcms tend to do mimic a 4 cylinder car. I'll give that a try and see what happens later on today.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a volt meter. are you getting 12v from the relay? if not are you getting 12v to the realy? if so are you getting 12v triggering the relay? if so are you getting ground from the window switch. start there andi bet 1 of them is no.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Launching!

I found the problem. I need to take better mental notes when undoing my kit. So basically 2 negs won't power anything lol. I thought I had 2 + lines but could not remember for sure. Now I know I do lol. So yeah issue fixed.