Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW The Interface w/ EFI Live

Old 07-02-2009, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HSW The Interface w/ EFI Live

So, yet another nitrous noob asking what is probably a convoluted question which will get a lot of "oh here we go again comments" but that is the nature of being a noob i suppose. On to the subject....

I have been researching nitrous, and looking through here trying to establish what I want, and what I need.

I have a c5 zo6 w/ LG pros, Vararam, and EFI Live tuned. I would like to add a 150 shot for those rare but fun occassions I would feel the need to use it, such as a visit to the local drag strip. I plan on keeping the stock pump (03+ vette pump change FTL) and add a racetronix pump harness and a BAP (i suppose the BAP is needed?).

My research has concluded me to go with a Dry shot, and I am most likely going to buy the HSW plate kit. My question(s) comes in with what I need, and what I dont need.

The Interface: How does it adjust AFR? I suppose I will still need a window switch, or does it have that capability? For spark retard, does it just set the IAT to 158* and then use EFI live to set the retard? When I flip the switch for the nitrous, does the interface go directly to that 158* setting and pull timing, even if I am not at WOT? (same for AFR)

Furthermore, w/ EFI Live, do I even need The Interface? will COS5 be just as sufficient? My fear with COS5 is that I have no baseline, and will need to tune from scratch (unless one of the great ls1tech guys has something that is helpful for a 150shot on a bolt-on ls6). Can I use EFI Live for a window switch and/or FPSS? (with or without the interface)

I guess that is enough crazy noob question to start with.

Yours confusedly,
David
Old 07-02-2009, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

You can do every thing you need to in cos5 you wont need an interface. You will need a window switch though. You wont need a base line tune you can use the one you have and modify it for the nitrous.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm 150 shot, nice!
Old 07-04-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

with the custom 5, you just add a certain about of fuel that would be needed for a 150 horse power.. which it has a spot for you to add that...

maybe we will just talk at the next week about this nitrous stuff lol
Old 07-05-2009, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

lol, i should have had a different screen name, didnt want to let the cat out of the bag Anyway we can talk, you going to F&H tonight? I plan on making my purchase tomorrow to get the good 4th of july sale deals.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juicedh22
lol, i should have had a different screen name, didnt want to let the cat out of the bag Anyway we can talk, you going to F&H tonight? I plan on making my purchase tomorrow to get the good 4th of july sale deals.
just buy it, and then I will give you some pointers afterwards....
Old 07-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Staging Lane

I have efilive with cos5 and I just went and bought an interface anyway. I did this for a couple of key reasons...

Firstly, the way COS5 adds fuel is a VE table multiplier, thus if you want to use your maf you will have to disable it whenever you are spraying. I want to keep my maf all the time, so this is a bit of a problem.

Also, the fuel adding table is RPM based, which is fine if you aren't using a progressive controller, but if you do you have to use an RPM based progressive controller, which is in my opinion inferior to a time based system.

The interface will obviously work with a maf like I plan to use, and HSW claims the interface is compatible with progressive controllers, so I shouldn't have to deal with the limitations of COS5's system with progressive controllers.

Just a few things to think about....

Search this Thread