Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to install nostril purge?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to install nostril purge?

Im wantting to set up the purge on the 5177 kit that I am getting to shoot through the Ram Air nostril ,or both if it possible. I have seen It done before so Im just looking for a write up on the install if there is one. Im guessing you would mount the solinoid near the back of the hood and then run a line to the front of the hood to the air inlets, then mabye a T splitter to make it into two streams. Then how would you atatch the hose to the under side of the hood and the tubes to the air grills.
Am I going about this the right way? If any one could help me out I would apreciate it.
,Justin
Old 11-15-2003, 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

well Justin, there are lots of ways to do what you want to do. there is an aftermarket "CNC Nozzle" that sprays in a v pattern that should give you the effect you are looking for. this is what i would use.. as far as mounting it i do not own that car so i am not familiar with the hood layout and available real estate for tapping or the potential space for mounting.. i am sure you will hear from other folks and their experiences to help you out. Good Luck!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Chicago ZO6 , Where could I get one of those CNC nozzles? Do any of our sponsers sell them?

I guess I should add that I have a VFN Ram AIR hood its not a stock GM one. Im sure there different.
,Justin