Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Setting up system, should I go ahead and just use the FJO vs TT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 02:11 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Setting up system, should I go ahead and just use the FJO vs TT?

Basic current setup:

Stand alone fuel cell
Nitro Daves (I think) plate on a FAST 92mm
NOS solenoids
WOT switch
Getting ready to wire in Timing Tuner for window switch/timing control
100-200 shot, depending

I would eventually like to have it progressive, so when we go to our local shitty track that doesn't hook very well I can ramp it in, hopefully. Should I just go ahead and sell this timing tuner and get the FJO (similar price) before I go wiring all this **** up? I'm not crazy about having to use the laptop to set it up, but from what I've read its about the best unit for the dollar.

Does it just pulse the solenoids, is that how it controls the % of shot? So I could just leave the 200 pills in and only use 50% vs. changing pills if I wanted to run a 100 shot? Any reason what I have as far as solenoids won't work?

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-18-2009, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let me start by saying this, i have yet to spray nitrous on a ls1 powered car. i have had 2 years of experience spraying a 4cyl saturn.

i used the fjo 2 stage mini progressive controller. i loved the way it worked. i plan on using it on my formula, i bought the kit last week, hopefully installing it this week.
the progressive controller is rough on solenoids. IIRC it was recommended to rebuild the solenoids after using 2-3 full bottles. i never went lower then 7 lbs in my bottle and didn't spray much so i never rebuilt mine, and didn't have a problem. but for this car i plan on checking them frequently to make sure they are in good working order. fuel solenoid failure is my biggest fear. i had 100 shot jets in my saturn and ramped from 35 -75 on street tires. and straight 50 on slicks.

oh yeah, with nos solenoids you may have to play with the frequency setting, or you might be able to find it online somewhere. for nx its 14 iirc. nos.. i'm not sure about.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Veteran

you can even use the nos mini conroller that has a progressive controller built into it.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

I am about to put my fjo in the for sale section as soon as I take some pics. Having to deal with vista and trying to get the software to work with my laptop has just been a major PITA for me.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

I have used both.

I prefer the FJO and just switch tunes via HPtuners.