Sponsored by:

sprayable? 1st setup options?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 07:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sprayable? 1st setup options?

Ok, I know this has been asked zillions of times But i've never asked it

My car is an 02 z, M6 cam only bolt ons: stock 10bolt/stock trans, monster clutch, stock fuel system, Dyno'ed 388rwhp/373ft-lbs after vengeance tune with flowbastard exhaust(on car when purchased) cam is 228/230 .585 112lsa

Since then(The following week lol) I've swapped to a magnaflow & 3" manual cutout
Guessing im at 395hp/375rwtq with cutout open.

can my car be sprayed safely? I assume I need to have my tune adjusted?

I was thinking maybe a 75 or 100shot tops, fogger/maf plate prob. NX or nitro daves: of course with the goodies warmer window switch fuel cutoff etc.

Please chime in N20 Heads, is it doable or Do I have to wait til I get my heads/pump/42lbers/9"/trans upgrade?

its about $10/lb here to fill.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2009, 07:21 AM
On The Tree

Woah, $10 a lb!!! And I thought I was getting ripped off at $6, lol. Is your current tune advancing timing? If so, I say yes on getting a new tune to work with nitrous.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

I avoided N2O when I lived in HI due to the cost...Is the track open back up now?

You *can* spray just about anything. Cam isn't optimum, but it'll take a 75 or 100 with no problems. I'd advise you get a 255 pum and hotwire. If the current tune added ome timing you'd be better off having the tuner pull a little back. You also want to go with some TR6's gapped down and MAKE SURE ou run as high octane premium fuel as you can find. I know not all the gas stations on the island sell 93, but if you can find it run it.

-Will
Old 08-03-2009, 06:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea it actually might be 12/lb :shrug: Nope No track I just want a taste, so 75/100 is enough , Don't wanna hurt anything. I just got tuned and I'd assume there was a bit of advance, Could this adjustment be made via mail order tune? They won't be back for a while as they were here weeks ago. Colder plugs are def., I only put chevron in my camaro, I think its 92, Idk what Shell is. I guess I gotta wait to spray, I just put in my cam and exhaust/clutch/brakes/tires and didn't have enough left(college) for a 255& 42's so I will wait until I can throw those in and some rails since I'll need a tune for fuel anyway

Thanks guys, Fogger/maf setup ok for beginners??

Jw.