Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brand related questions - please help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 02:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default brand related questions - please help me decide

I just bought a NX wet kit for my 5.3 Sierra, and I want to be as thourough and safe as possibe, with a tps wot switch, fpss, window switch, remote opener + heater...

I've heard NX's heater is one of the best, but Dynotune.org has a pressure-based heater for $150, and is supposed to be accurate to 50 psi and adjustable( http://speedshop.org/store/Scripts/p...p?idproduct=17 ) anyone have one of these or is there a reason I should get the NX instead?

I like the NX or Zex bottle openers, because they manually twist the ****. They seem to be almost the same thing but would any of your recommend one or the other?

NOS or MSD window switch - I've heard the Harlan switch is kind of hard to get ahold of

And do fuel pressure safety switches come pre-set to cut off at a unsafe pressure level, or do I have to have a fuel pressure guage to set one?

Thanks
Old 11-21-2003, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by O3GMC
I just bought a NX wet kit for my 5.3 Sierra, and I want to be as thourough and safe as possibe, with a tps wot switch, fpss, window switch, remote opener + heater...

I've heard NX's heater is one of the best, but Dynotune.org has a pressure-based heater for $150, and is supposed to be accurate to 50 psi and adjustable( http://speedshop.org/store/Scripts/p...p?idproduct=17 ) anyone have one of these or is there a reason I should get the NX instead?

I like the NX or Zex bottle openers, because they manually twist the ****. They seem to be almost the same thing but would any of your recommend one or the other?

NOS or MSD window switch - I've heard the Harlan switch is kind of hard to get ahold of

And do fuel pressure safety switches come pre-set to cut off at a unsafe pressure level, or do I have to have a fuel pressure guage to set one?

Thanks
nx and zex are the same opener, to my knowledge. buy the cheaper one.

the dynotune heater is decent, their pressure sensor is adjustable. It is just not available locally, like the nx heater.

nos, never used their window switch

harlans is good, but you may have to wait a while.

the nx one is a relabled MSD one.

FPSS, you will need to adjust, as none come for a 58 psi fuel system to my knowledge, so you will have to adjust it, to be safe.

Ryan.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow
FPSS, you will need to adjust, as none come for a 58 psi fuel system to my knowledge, so you will have to adjust it, to be safe.

Ryan.
Do I need to set it at 58 psi or at 50 or - what is a safe psi cutoff for just a 50 shot ?

Thanks again
Old 11-21-2003, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can't tell you that, because i do not know for sure.

personally, i like the fuel pressure to cut off 2 psi under wot. But you may have a small spike, and need to go a few more, to eliminate surging, as i am not familiar with the trucks fuel system, other than they are different then the f-cars.

Ryan.