Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a little wiring help...Timing Tuner and Dynotune lean shut down switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:22 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need a little wiring help...Timing Tuner and Dynotune lean shut down switch

Normally I'm pretty good at wiring and diagrams, but for some reason I can't find a way to make these two items work properly together. The timing tuner controls the relay for the solenoids, but I don't see a way to intersect the wiring with the A/F switch to cut the solenoids like intended without making the system non-functional in the first place.

Anyone usng these two items together?

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually have a topic started about this near the bottom of the page but only have one comment so far.I called dynotune and was helped out with my wiring. They told me to run the blue from the lean shutdown to the WOT switch. Don't run the red from the wot switch to pin 86 like most diagrams show, instead run the Yellow wire from the lean switch, not the yellow/white wire, to pin 86.
Do we still run the timing tuner from the wot switch though?
Does that sound right to you?

Jay
Old 08-10-2009, 09:49 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem I see is that the timing tuner controls the solenoid relay, so you pretty much have to power the timing tuner with the lean shut down switch instead of ignition power. BUT, if you have the lean shut down switch set for, lets say, 13:1, its never going to engage because you won't be that rich unless you're already spraying.

I'm not sure these items can be used together. Might be a way to incorparate another relay, but I hate adding more stuff.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been running both of these products successfully for over a year now. My buddy was on the phone with HSW and dynotune for hours and finally got it all right...Ill call him and get him to respond to this thread.

Quick Reply: Need a little wiring help...Timing Tuner and Dynotune lean shut down switch