Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand alone fuel system questions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stand alone fuel system questions?

just testing the waters here, planning on running a progressive 250 shot through a edelbrock controller. any body have any pics of their fuel system and approx how much it cost to install? thanks Jason
Old 08-12-2009, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heyhoss93
just testing the waters here, planning on running a progressive 250 shot through a edelbrock controller. any body have any pics of their fuel system and approx how much it cost to install? thanks Jason
I had the HSW Stand Alone in the fuse box location. Good piece, but the relocation brackets for the fuse boxes were a joke. I would install it yourself, it is ridiculously easy and took about an hour. Check out Harris Speed Works or Nitrous Outlet. Both provide stand alone fuel systems and I believe have installed pictures on their websites. The cost is similar. I had good luck with my HSW unit, aside from the brackets. Can't speak for Nitro Daves unit personally, but I know his customer service is top notch and all his other products I use have been great. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can build them for about half the cost if you have the ability and time.

Im building a low pressure one ourselves that is basically gonna cost nothing but basically left over stuff we have
Old 08-13-2009, 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Low pressure HSW standalone here. Super nice, but agree the brackets are useless (I relocated fuse panels down where the AIR pump used to be).

Old 08-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

We were the first to design and sell the all in one dedicateds for the fbodys and in high pressure form they will support 800+hp and in low pressure they will support 1200+hp.

With our Fuse dedicated there is no need to relocate the fuses.

Both pics are linked to the dedicated on our site

If the fuse isn't what you were looking for we have others too

Batt Relocate
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=927

Spare Tire
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2860

If non of these dedicteds look like what you are wanting we aren't scared to make you a custom version. We have done seeral custom applications.

-Chris
Old 08-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Banned

We have done numerous Nitrous Outlets standalone setups and I just got my own for the LT1.

They are very nice complete setups.

could I have build my own and cheaper? sure, but this is done and a bolt-in package and I rather do better things with my time as most would
Old 08-13-2009, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
Low pressure HSW standalone here. Super nice, but agree the brackets are useless (I relocated fuse panels down where the AIR pump used to be).

Agreed. I love HSW, they have always been helpful and I run a lot of their stuff but when I recieved that piece I was extremely let down by the brackets on that piece. It's kind of a big deal to me for the fact its a FUSE BOX location stand alone and I wanted the factory fuse boxes mounted clean and the bracket design was nothing short of garbage. For such an expensive piece, I would of thought they would have done a little more R&D on the brackets and overall mounting of the stand alone. Was probably a little rushed but at the end of the day I guess it did what it was supposed to. I will either be going with another mounting location from them or a spare tire kit from Nitro Dave this time around.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

Go with nitrous outlet stand alone. Well worth the money.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:43 PM
9 Second Club

Nitrous outlet standalone here.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

To the guys that put together your own stand alone systems to save money, what fuel cell are you guys using? I have been looking around for one that will work, but haven't come up with too many options.

Quick Reply: Stand alone fuel system questions?