Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What brand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What brand?

Hello, I am looking to purchase a wet kit with a 150 shot. The biggest problem I am having is choosing which brand I should go with. I will want a complete package with all the bells and whistles (including a bottle opener) with all of the safety components for an M6. I hear great things about NX systems, but I also really like the Microedge controller from HSW. I will also be trying to conceal the system as much as possible so I will most likely go with a single nozzle kit. Thanks for any input.

Last edited by JF-WS6; 08-24-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JF-WS6
Hello, I am looking to purchase a wet kit with a 150 shot. The biggest problem I am having is choosing which brand I should go with. I will want a complete package with all the bells and whistles (including a bottle opener) with all of the safety components for am M6. I here great things about NX systems, but also really like the Microedge controller from HSW. I will also be trying to conceal the system as much as possible so I will most likely go with a single nozzle kit. Thanks for any input.
Give us a call if you have any questions. If you like the MicroEDGE now...just wait till you see what's in store for it.

Nick
Old 08-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Give us a call if you have any questions. If you like the MicroEDGE now...just wait till you see what's in store for it.

Nick
when will we know whats new with it?
Old 08-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Anybody else?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:21 AM

when will we know whats new with it?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 AM
FormerVendor

Next couple of weeks.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Teching In

my advice.... dont buy a used kit. buy new. I've had lots of problem outa used stuff. Its just too hard to know how much use is on them. .... I'm done buying anything used but the plate's themselves
Old 08-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by superramvette2
my advice.... dont buy a used kit. buy new. I've had lots of problem outa used stuff. Its just too hard to know how much use is on them. .... I'm done buying anything used but the plate's themselves
I hear ya, I plan on buying all new. I've been wanting to add nitrous for a couple of years now and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on it. I'm just looking for the most reliable and safest system (brand).
Old 08-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

What mods have you done to the car?

If you have done a cam or heads/cam then you might also want to think about upgrading the fuel pump in the car to pair with the nitrous system. Racetronix makes a very good pump upgrade kit. http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...del=67&dept=11 If the car is relatively stock then you should be OK to spray a 100-125hp shot without a problem. I'd get it on a dyno but you could even spray a 150hp shot but I'd verify the AFR on the smaller shot first.

We offer what you are looking for in an entire package deal
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2792

All you would have to do is add the remote opener http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=3552

Other than the items listed above you might also want to pair everything with a switch panel http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2142

-Chris
Old 08-26-2009, 05:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
What mods have you done to the car?

If you have done a cam or heads/cam then you might also want to think about upgrading the fuel pump in the car to pair with the nitrous system. Racetronix makes a very good pump upgrade kit. http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...del=67&dept=11 If the car is relatively stock then you should be OK to spray a 100-125hp shot without a problem. I'd get it on a dyno but you could even spray a 150hp shot but I'd verify the AFR on the smaller shot first.

We offer what you are looking for in an entire package deal
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2792

All you would have to do is add the remote opener http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=3552

Other than the items listed above you might also want to pair everything with a switch panel http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2142

-Chris
My mods are:
Comp. 228/230 112lsa cam, Patriot LS6 Style Heads, Fast 90/90, RaceTronic 42lb injectors and Fuel pump, LS2 timing Chain, Lid, Headers, Magna Flow Cat Back, 12 bolt with 4.11's, Montser 3.5 clutch, PST Aluminum Driveshaft, SFC, LCA, Adj. TA, Adj. PHB, Strano springs and sway bars, Koni 4/3, Speed density tune, Dyno 439 RWHP.

And yes i will be looking at the ash tray switch panel.

Last edited by JF-WS6; 08-26-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by JF-WS6
42lb injectors and Fuel pump
I assume that you have put a Walbro 255 in the car?? If not what pump did you go with??

The Walbro 255's alone will support around 550-580rwhp and if you plan on making more than that you might have to get a hotwire harness or a Kenne Belle Boost-A-Pump to be able to support the nitrous.

-Chris
Old 08-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
I assume that you have put a Walbro 255 in the car?? If not what pump did you go with??

The Walbro 255's alone will support around 550-580rwhp and if you plan on making more than that you might have to get a hotwire harness or a Kenne Belle Boost-A-Pump to be able to support the nitrous.

-Chris
I have the Racetronixs/Walbro Pump with the hotwire harness.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Shoot your good to around 650-680rwhp then

Time to spray it
Old 08-27-2009, 02:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW

Nick
Do you have it on your website now? The upgrade? Does the nitrous bottle contents indicator work the same way as the old one, can't remember its name and it's no longer on your website. Will the indicator work in conjunction with NANO? Sorry for all the questions. I was ready to bite the bullet on the current Microedge, but if this one has a contents indicator, I might just wait and save up. You guys plan to have special intro pricing on your new microedge, lol. Can't hurt to ask
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BakaN20
Do you have it on your website now? The upgrade? Does the nitrous bottle contents indicator work the same way as the old one, can't remember its name and it's no longer on your website. Will the indicator work in conjunction with NANO? Sorry for all the questions. I was ready to bite the bullet on the current Microedge, but if this one has a contents indicator, I might just wait and save up. You guys plan to have special intro pricing on your new microedge, lol. Can't hurt to ask
There is a little bit of a sneak peak on our website now. We will make a official release in a few days.

No the bottle contents is slightly different than the last one. Yes it will work in conjunction with a push system. The best part is any microedge can add these packages on. Even if it was the first one ever sold. How's that for some foresight?
Old 08-30-2009, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Can't wait for it to come out! Can we expect any special sales to commemorate the microedge+ coming out, lol
Old 08-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

my h-speed system has been 100% mico is worth it imo too
Old 08-31-2009, 10:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BakaN20
Can't wait for it to come out! Can we expect any special sales to commemorate the microedge+ coming out, lol
Sure is. We like to party just like anyone else.