Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

100/125 shot coming - what else do I need

Old 08-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 100/125 shot coming - what else do I need

I am in the process of rebuilding my motor. Just got the block back from the shop – everything is good. I am dropping in new bearings, rings, ARP rod bolts, oil pump, timing, etc, etc. While I have this motor apart, I wanted to ask you guys if y’all have any suggestions of anything else I need to upgrade for a N2O install next year. I will be limiting my spray to 100/125, so I am not sure what DOES and what DOES NOT need to be replaced/upgraded to keep this motor reliable. If it is not something I need to replace I would rather not. The N2O is not something I plan to use hardly at all nor will the car ever see the track – just a back-up plan if the time arrives. For now, this is a budget build but I do not want to cut any corners if not advised. If I find myself needing more power after this, a stroked project will be next on the agenda down the road rather that pushing more spray.

So, the question is are our factory pistons/rods/ring/etc good enough for this limited spray? What else do I need to be looking at? My current set-up is as follows: 2000 TA w/ A4, factory block, 243 heads, TR224 cam, LS7 lifters, harden push rods, Harlem rockers, LS6 intake, ported throttle, LT w/o cats, SLP catback, 3:42 out back, 3600ss stall, and shift kit. The car runs good now, but I am contemplating N2O for the rare occasion I find myself staged against someone with just a little more. Any and all suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2009, 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand you're saying budget build but once you try nitrous you'll want more! Personally, I regret not going with it forged when I rebuilt mine! I said the same thing you said just for when lining up against a good challenge and now I want more!

Nitrous just gives you a bigger bang for less of a buck!

I say prep it for more nitrous now! FORGED is the way!

Last edited by conde'strans; 08-26-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: error
Old 08-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Let’s just say for argument sake, this is far as I plan to go! What will it take? This is an engine sway project. If I decide I need more power and the budget allows more down the road, I can just build the original motor into a stroker. For now, I would rather not invest in a forged bottom-end than purchase another forged stoker bottom-end for the other motor if it needs to be punched 10, 20 or 30 over
Old 08-27-2009, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

Ok then in that case you got things pretty much covered for what you plan! Only thing I see if u plan to spray, it probably be best to change the gearing to 3:73's.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Teching In

I agree. I already have a set of those on the bench ready to go in after the engine build. My biggest question is the bottom-end (mainly the piston) before I start putting everything back together. Can our stock pistons handly this small shot of N2O without issues?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by H'ville TA
I agree. I already have a set of those on the bench ready to go in after the engine build. My biggest question is the bottom-end (mainly the piston) before I start putting everything back together. Can our stock pistons handly this small shot of N2O without issues?

Yes they can! Do a search and you'll find plenty of support on this!

Search this Thread