Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will a 5.0 nos kit work on my boys ls1??

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a 5.0 nos kit work on my boys ls1??

My buddy has a 02 trans am. and he is about to buy a brand new NOS kit that for a 89 mustang 5.0... will he be able to get that kit to work?? he isnt looking for crazy power gains just about 50-75 shot.. do ls1's have to have the dual feed lines or is ok to have 1 line shooting into the airbox??? please help, thanks,,,
Old 11-28-2003, 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

75 is as much as i would go on a 1 nozzle.

the kit will work fine, he will just have some extra parts not needed on the ls1.

Ryan.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i do know a guy here that bought a NX GM wet kit and used it on a 89 mustang. all he had to do is call NX and get the correct jets since the fuel pressure is different. What a minute, I just remembered that his motor did blow up on the spray. No sure if it was because it was the wrong kit or if it is because it was a ford. hahahaha
Old 11-28-2003, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol...

other than jetting, the ford EFI and the GM EFI kit from NX only has 1 part different, the addition of a 1/16" npt to -4 adapter to their schrader valve, for the fuel input.

I have installed many nx ford kits on GM's and visa versa.

the Nos ford kit, has a "blue thingy" as the technical name given to it by the nos tech... lol..

It is a fuel pressure booster, that raises the fuel pressure to the injectors, to get the proper fuel for the dry shot, as the 5.0 does not spray through the maf, like we do.

For a LS1 dry kit, all you need is:

bottle-----feedline------noid----nozzle.

as long as you have a good enough distribution, you only need 1 nozzle.... BUT i always reccomend 2, if spraying over 75 shot, to help with the better dispersion, so the maf can register the extra airflow, and try to add fuel accordingly.

Ryan.