Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Time On The Bottle, One Problem, Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First Time On The Bottle, One Problem, Ideas?

So I got the system finished up yesterday and took it out for a shake down run. I am using a timing tuner and nitrous controller combo to control the nitrous. I retarded the timing 2 degrees and am running a 100 shot. I set the delay on the box for the max .08 seconds. The first couple runs were from about 40 mph and you could feel when the nitrous came on, pulled hard and felt awesome. On the last time, I floored it and I heard a small pop and the engine shut off. My friend who was sitting next to me said he didn't hear any pop so I might have just been hearing things. Coasted to a stop and put the car in N and started the car back up. No issues, no service lights or anything else.... Car ran fine the rest of the night off the bottle.

So, has anyone else had this happen? The only thing I can think of is the fuel solenoid fired before the nitrous and the car flooded out instantly, possible? I haven't tried using the system again since that happened. Wanted to make sure it is not a red flag of some kind.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, the reason I had the delay on is because I am running a 4,000 converter. The converter + a 100 shot = going sideways. So, I wanted to make sure the car hooked before the nitrous kicked in.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 10-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Teching In

what is the gap on your plugs? and what plugs are you running? some times if the gap is to much the spark will go out under spray..
Old 10-29-2009, 10:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What does your system consist of?

What is your airfuel?
What is your timming at?
What is your bottle pressure?
What spark plugs are you using?

Dave
Old 10-29-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

I don't know what you are using for a timing tuner, but I've had one mess up and do that to me. I'd hit it with the kit and it would surge, pop, sputter & shut down. Pulled the timing tuner and no more problems. My car runs good enough NA on a nitrous tune, so I usually keep my nitrous tune up in my car & only put the NA tune on it if someone is serious about running me NA, or if I don't feel like spraying it at the track, but 90% of the time I'm running around on a nitrous tune. In the defense of the people who make the timing tuners, this was 5 years or so ago with the Ramchargers timing tuner, but many other companies sell the same timing tuner that I was using back then, I don't know if it's been updated since I ran one.