Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default spark plugs

i think ive seen a list or writeup or whatever you wana call it before around here, but i just searched around for a while and didnt find anything...
but what spark plug should i be running?
ive got an 08 gmc sierra denali with the 6.2 running a wet, single nozzle 150 shot and am currently using TR6's gapped at about .035 or right around it. is this what i need to be using or should i get something else?
thanks for any help!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds right to me.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The TR6 should work just fine but they arent really the best plug for 150+. On your next plug change, try the BR7EF. This is a non-protruded plug that should help cool off the combustion chamber more efficiently than the TR6. Especially if you spray the truck somewhat often. I dont have an LS vehicle so I cant really say if there will be any cold start issues etc.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:41 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mitch cobb racing
i think ive seen a list or writeup or whatever you wana call it before around here, but i just searched around for a while and didnt find anything...
but what spark plug should i be running?
ive got an 08 gmc sierra denali with the 6.2 running a wet, single nozzle 150 shot and am currently using TR6's gapped at about .035 or right around it. is this what i need to be using or should i get something else?
thanks for any help!
We did an updated list a little bit ago. Here's the link https://ls1tech.com/forums/12028005-post6.html

Nick
Old 10-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so i did a couple runs today and got a good plug chop and when i pulled them they were black black black!!! way too rich! right now ive got a 33 fuel jet in there, would going to a 30 be too much of a move? should i step it down? the reason i ask is because i have a 30 pill, but thats it. the bottle was getting low, about 6lbs in it, but it was way too rich still... and my wideband read low 11s
Old 10-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mitch cobb racing
so i did a couple runs today and got a good plug chop and when i pulled them they were black black black!!! way too rich! right now ive got a 33 fuel jet in there, would going to a 30 be too much of a move? should i step it down? the reason i ask is because i have a 30 pill, but thats it. the bottle was getting low, about 6lbs in it, but it was way too rich still... and my wideband read low 11s
get your base line with a full bottle then ck. the plug. i have been running the it-22s for a long time and the motor does not seem to be affected by it. you need to be careful when gapping this plug, use only the coin shaped tool, found in many auto part stores. if you have a tuning tool, goind down 3 jets is fine, but, i would recocomend adding at least 1% of fuel to the ve or maf or pe and then inch your way up. the injector duty cycle has be some what in the 80% range for you to do this safely. lastly i find that if i use a new set of plugs the fuel and timing mark show really well as opposed to used plugs. don't forget that proper timing is part of the equation. i'm a noob so better read some more until you are satisfied with the answer to your ?.