Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

n20 noob in need of help

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default n20 noob in need of help

well i have never used n20 before and i just want some opinions of people who have. i have read the stickys and did a little research and narrowed it down to just a few questions.
1) as a n20 noob should i start with a dry shot or just go straight to wet?
2) what are the pros of a dual nozzle over a single?
3) any tips for a noob?
Old 11-03-2009, 04:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not really a power difference if thats what you mean, just two different methods of injecting the nitrous, dry you have to tune the amount of fuel sprayed throught the injectors and wet uses the fuel pump to provide the fuel to the solenoid. i have used wet kits and never had a problem, they are easier to tune and for say 100 shot you dont have to modify your fuel pump or injectors.

i think a single nozzle kit is all you need for a 75-150 shot. the dual nozzle would be better suited for larger shots.

3) any tips for a noob?[/QUOTE]

make sure you dont skimp on the accessories, make sure you have a window switch, wot switch etc. make sure the tune is done by someone who knows there stuff because thats what will make the kit safe. and be sure to upgrade compnents such as clutch or tranny if auto for the modifications. and buy some good drag radials.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:53 AM
TECH Resident

to exspand on the above post, you never need bigger injectors for a wet kit. you always need the fuel pump/fuel system to support your mods. wet or dry or other wise.

dual nozzles can give you a better distribution of nitrous and fuel and allow for larger shots.

more fuel does not make it safe. rich is just as bad as lean. timing is the killer
Old 11-03-2009, 04:54 AM
TECH Resident

ps, where is boardman?
Old 11-03-2009, 06:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
not really a power difference if thats what you mean, just two different methods of injecting the nitrous, dry you have to tune the amount of fuel sprayed throught the injectors and wet uses the fuel pump to provide the fuel to the solenoid. i have used wet kits and never had a problem, they are easier to tune and for say 100 shot you dont have to modify your fuel pump or injectors.

i think a single nozzle kit is all you need for a 75-150 shot. the dual nozzle would be better suited for larger shots.

3) any tips for a noob?
make sure you dont skimp on the accessories, make sure you have a window switch, wot switch etc. make sure the tune is done by someone who knows there stuff because thats what will make the kit safe. and be sure to upgrade compnents such as clutch or tranny if auto for the modifications. and buy some good drag radials. [/QUOTE]

i know there's no power difference. the wet kit is cheaper but i have heard it is more likely to cause damage (going with hsw). and i already have the racetronics lt1 fuel pump installed. so wet would be ok? (fyi this is going on a m6 lt1 with 123k mi.)
Old 11-03-2009, 06:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gold98Z28
to exspand on the above post, you never need bigger injectors for a wet kit. you always need the fuel pump/fuel system to support your mods. wet or dry or other wise.

dual nozzles can give you a better distribution of nitrous and fuel and allow for larger shots.

more fuel does not make it safe. rich is just as bad as lean. timing is the killer
will i need bigger injectors on a little dry shot? or just when i go bigger? because i plan on never going over a 150. going to start with a 75 jet and work my way up.

and boardman is right next to youngstown.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:36 AM
On The Tree

and thank you guys for posting its really helping.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:50 AM
FormerVendor

What do you have done to your car as of right now? that will help determine wet versus dry. Again as noted above, one isnt better than the other. With our interface controller you dont need to tune for the dry shot, its all done through the controller. So that really leveled the playing field as far as wet vs. dry goes.

A single nozzle or plate whether wet or dry will work well for you. Since you dont plan on going above 150 a single nozzle should be ok. Our plate offers superior distribution over anything else on the market, so that is also a good system to get. If you would be looking at a dual nozzle kit, you might as well just upgrade to our plate. Cleaner install and better overall distribution.

As for advice, dont cheap out, thats really what i tell everyone. I'm not saying that to make a sale, doesnt matter if you go with us or not, but all the right components the first time.

A kit like this will be very valuable to you as it combines everything into one package (other than the kit itself). This is everythign you would need to be up and running safely. Depending on whether your car has been tuned or not you may need to pull timing as well. Just shoot me a pm with any other questions you may have and ill get right back to you.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...age=1&featured
Old 11-03-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 6spdscreaminchickin
will i need bigger injectors on a little dry shot? or just when i go bigger? because i plan on never going over a 150. going to start with a 75 jet and work my way up.

and boardman is right next to youngstown.
What all is done to your car? You shouldnt need bigger injectors for a small 75 shot dry(assuming they are not already maxed out). Best way to play it safe is to log your injector duty cycle.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2002t/a06
What all is done to your car? You shouldnt need bigger injectors for a small 75 shot dry(assuming they are not already maxed out). Best way to play it safe is to log your injector duty cycle.
full exhaust (lts/ory), cai, short throw shifter, racetronics fuel pump.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 6spdscreaminchickin
full exhaust (lts/ory), cai, short throw shifter, racetronics fuel pump.
you should easily be able to get away with a 75 shot dry, maybe even a 100; but i would start out at 75 throw it on the dyno and log the a/f. You would most likely be golden with a 100 wet. start there and then go from there. I used to have a dry kit, and i just went wet and i like it better.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 AM
FormerVendor

There are many different applications available for your set up. Personally I would use a wet single nozzle or plate system on your application. If it is in your budget our plate system is the most popular system on the market for the LT1 platform.

After you choose the system of your choice you will need to choose the needed safety items and accessories for the system to work to its full potential.

I will be happy to help you put something together that fits your needs and budget. Remember the cheapest route is doing it right the first time.

Dave
Old 11-03-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Remember the cheapest route is doing it right the first time.

Dave[/QUOTE]

well said ^^^^