Default Setting up a nitrous car

Heres the car

1998 Formula

mvb A4 Semi built with fuddle 3400 Flashing at about 4k

Stock 98 heads with ls6 springs

ls1 intake

tr224/224 112 lsa

z06 maf slp lid Ram air setup

stainless works 1 3/4 to magnaflow bullets No cross over turned out behind the doors

Weighs about 3150

Stock front suspension Rear Adj spohn panhard bar and LCA No Relocate brackets yet Bmr adj torque arm stock springs shocks sway bar

4.10 gears in the ten bolt

About to be running a kit with the harris speed works plate i think.

Heres a few of the questions

Ill be adding an ls6 intake and working over the 98 heads. Whats a good goal for compression? Shot will be from 100- 225. Smaller shot for when its on the street.

Would adj shocks be that big a help on this set up over Just a 90/10 or similar single setting shock? or coilovers worth the cash?

I have hp tuners. With the suspension set the way it is + Possible coilovers or shocks do you think i can get the 60 ft down? since i can tune the car i can always pull timing for power controll on the line.

the cars on pro star fronts and summit star rears. got 325/50/15 nittos

Are these going to be worth it over say a lightish 17's?

The car is an "aggressive" street car that gets raced but still driven a lot.

Lots more questions Just trying to get the car nicely setup with the stock bottom end and the 4 speed.

Looking for some more input and suggestions.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

imo the stock style suspension would be fine for that setup, no need to go coil over or anything..but when you do the heads i would suggest putting in some better springs if your running a 224 cam (if the lift is similar to the other 224's out there)
as for compression, i suppose that would more depend on what kind of gas you will be running more than anything...
Old 11-27-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Springs haven't had coil bind issues. Going to pull a valve cover soon and see what clearance is.

91. Not sure a standalone is worth the cash on my setup.

Also the car is street raced so traction on the street is a large concern.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well generally a suspension that works at the track isnt going to work on the street but for this caliber car, i still dont think anything more then qa1's or something up front and some subframe connectors would be necessary, i have seen fbodies on the street hook decent with a fair amount more power then you are looking at with pretty basic suspension setups....and im not sure what your talking about with the standalone but by gas i meant fuel, if you can only get 91 that is going to limit your compression capabilities, but if your running race gas, you could go much higher...
Old 11-27-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
well generally a suspension that works at the track isnt going to work on the street but for this caliber car, i still dont think anything more then qa1's or something up front and some subframe connectors would be necessary, i have seen fbodies on the street hook decent with a fair amount more power then you are looking at with pretty basic suspension setups....and im not sure what your talking about with the standalone but by gas i meant fuel, if you can only get 91 that is going to limit your compression capabilities, but if your running race gas, you could go much higher...
You have seen 600+ rwhp cars hook on the street with basic setups?

Standalone fuel system.. That way i could race gas ran with the spray.

I also said this is a street car, race gas is hardly friendly.