Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

two stage progressive

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default two stage progressive

so i just got the FJO progressive controller and ive been wanting to get a second stage for a while and now with the nitrous outlet sale going on its kinda hard not to... but if i actually think about the functionality of it all and take uot the "cool" factor and the "i just wana have a second stage" factor, is there really a point? im not maxing out my first stage by any means and with the progressive traction isnt an issue, so other than me just wanting two stages is there really a reason?

thanks for any responses!
Old 11-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

any ideas?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With the progressive you will be able to gradually bring the nitrous in over a period of time. You will have a large range of adjustability. You can adjust how you introduce the power however if you are making a pass you can not choose to use the extra power or not while going down the track.

With a dual stage system you can come out of the box on one stage and hit the second stage when you get on the tire. Many street racers like to have a button added into the second stages activation so that they can choose when or if they bring it in.

Now If you mix the two options you can use the progressive on the first stage and only have the second stage for precaution. So lets say you normally only want to spray 200 on the first stage. If you have crappy track conditions you can adjust the kit to come in gradually to help you maintain traction. In the event you are racing and the competition has a fender on you you have the second stage to bump on them.

Everyone has there own method. You need to decide what best fits your activity and style. If you are track racing and not spraying over 150-200 I would just stick with 1 stage and the FJO. Put the extra money on something else.

If you need the bump for strategy racing well then adding the second stage is worthy.
Dave
Old 11-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the insight Dave!! i like what youre saying about being able to bump the second on a button when/if you need it
Old 11-29-2009, 09:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No problem.. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Dave
Old 11-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

ok so Dave convinced me i absolutely had to have the second stage and i just ordered everything ill need. but now comes the fun part! what in the world do i do with it?!?!?!?

from what ive read around here and on other forums, running a one stage system is one thing, but 2 stages is a whole new game. im thinkin at first what ill probably do is keep it around 125-150 on the first stage (what im already spraying) and add a 30-50 on the second stage and probably just keep it on a button so i can use it just when i need to just like Dave said above.

anyways... what all do i need to know?
ill swap out my TR6's for some br7's, or whatever theyre called. and pull a few more degrees of timing. what else do i need to know tho?

thanks for any help!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can toggle between the stages as will. So you could both set to the same HP but one be a street mild ramp, and the second stage as a race aggressive ramp. Like Dave mentioned there are many different ways to set that controller up..
Old 12-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

hmm, hadnt thought about that! not a bad idea